Link-based Menu position relative to link

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
barneson
Beginner
Beginner

Link-based Menu position relative to link

Post by barneson »

I am activating a popup menu with the OnMouseOver function. I would like for the menu to popup near the linked text.

How do I accomplish this without setting the absolute position of the menu in the menu_array3.js file? I realize that this would do the trick, but I would have to reposition the menu every time that I added or subtracted copy from the web page.

Is there a way to open a popup menu which is positioned relative to the cursor or to the text to which I have applied the OnMouseOver function?
mjrogan
Beginner
Beginner

I Need This Functionality As Well...

Post by mjrogan »

Is there anyone who has done this that could share? Thanks!
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

The menu has a built-in function called popup(). Pass the name of the menu you want to open as a string in the function's first parameter.

Code: Select all

popup("menuname")
will open the menu named "menuname" at its preassigned position.

Code: Select all

popup("menuname",1)
will open the named menu at the current mouse pointer position.

This should be fine for most text-based or image-based links. If you'd like a little more control, you could try some additional code I wrote to extend the menu's positioning capabilities. You can download the add-on code as well as some examples and docuementation here.

Hope that helps,

Kevin
andrew
Beginner
Beginner

positioning

Post by andrew »

Hi, is this tool also capable of using CSS positioning? I want to get rid of the frames in my page, so I want to link the menu-items to a certain ID class which I defined in a seperate CSS file. This means that I only have to maintain one single page which displays all links in a certain area on that page.

Please check http://www.avdwal.nl/altius4/menu/menu.htm.
andrew
Beginner
Beginner

Post by andrew »

sorry, without the dot at the end, so http://www.avdwal.nl/altius4/menu/menu.htm

Kind regards,
Andre