Peculiar behavior...

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
brettzamora
Advanced
Advanced

Peculiar behavior...

Post by brettzamora »

Hi...

I'm a new user of this menu product and I'm experimenting with it so as to understand what I can and cannot do with the product.

The first activity I tried to perform was to use the popup function with the MouserOver event and I kept getting an Error: Object Required when I would hover over the menu. Not a very useful JS runtime error. Anyway, I did some additional experimentation and here is a peculiarity that I found.

I'm might want to use frames for the site I'm designing so I downloaded the Frames sample you had here and it ran fine on my system, however, I'm used to naming my html files with a .html extension. When I renamed the files in your Frames sample from .htm to .html and changed the associated links in the rest of the source, I got the same message that is described in my second paragraph. The menus display, but the background colors disappear and if you hover over a menu the error is produced and no popups are displayed. I renamed the files back with .htm extensions, modified the code references and everything works fine.

Question #1: Why do my html files have to have .htm as the one and only extension.

Another peculiarity I have bumped into using your exact Frame demo, is that if I right click on the side_frame or the top_frame and select the Refresh menu option. I get an Error: Permission denied message.
Note: This only occurs if I've first hovered over a menu and seen a popup.

Question #2: Is this a bug? (I can't afford to build a frames based site and risk having my users calling me with the same problem.)

That's it for now.

Thanks,

Brett