Menu overlap with text & images

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Ken|x
Beginner
Beginner

Menu overlap with text & images

Post by Ken|x »

The menu overlaps with my text i.e. my text is hiding behind the menu. What must I do to let my text be below the menu?
dschneller
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dschneller »

Hi,
you must change the 2. and 3. parameter of the function addmenu in your menu_array.js file.
- The second parameter is the Menu Top - The Top position of this menu in pixels
- The third parameter is the Menu Left - The Left position of this menu in pixels

:) from Germany
Ken|x
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Ken|x »

what i mean is, my menu is already in the correct position but there is no way i can place my other stuff (like text and images) under the menu. They are always behind the menu.
Last edited by Ken|x on Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
dschneller
Advanced
Advanced

Post by dschneller »

Hi,
I'am understanding now!
You must add target=_self or target=_blank or target=yourFrameName
like:

,"Links","http://www.geocities.com/kenix_mun/links.html target=_self",,"Sites I Frequent",1

See also: http://www.milonic.co.uk/menu/faq.php#l10

I hope it helps :)
Greetings from Germany :-)
timmyboy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by timmyboy »

I belive the problem is that, at least on the example page the poster has up, the copyright text is under the menu (change the text size to the largest size and you'll see the text.)

One way that I've kept my information from interfering with the menu is to make a table with a top cell that is the height/width of the menu. (with the top cell I just added a nbsp to make it one line high which should be enough to view your text.)

You could also put in a couple <br> tags before any text to nudge it down a bit.

Take care,
~ tim <><
Ken|x
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Ken|x »

Thanks for all the help!