Need help adding horizontal nav. bar -- beginner

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
daisy223
Beginner
Beginner

Need help adding horizontal nav. bar -- beginner

Post by daisy223 »

Hi. I've never added javascript to my website! I am a beginner!! I wanted to add a nice nav bar -- so i
1) downloaded the horizonal nav. bar --
2) I unzipped menu_sample1.zip to a folder.
3) I uploaded the mmenu.js & the menu_array.js, as well as the arrow files to a file directory.
4) I added the following as an "insert HTML" to my site:: -- Not sure if this is what i'm suppose to be adding??? I use Homestead to build my site just in case you are familar-- some things are different as I've heard.

<SCRIPT>/*
* DHTML Menu version 3.3.19
* written by Andy Woolley
* Copyright 2002 Andy Woolley. All Rights Reserved.
* Please feel free to use this code on your own website free of charge.
* You can also distribute and modify this source code as long as this
* Copyright notice remains intact and that you send me notice that you
* intend to use this code on your website.
* Limited support for this script is provided
* Commercial licence agreements are available on request for use & full support.
* You can send email to menu3@milonic.com

* Script featured on Dynamic Drive (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
*/</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="files/menu_array.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="files/mmenu.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

** That's what I've done. And nothing is showing up on the page when viewing it. I did a test page to make sure I was doing it right before I started editing... but nothing! :( What else should I be doing or what am I doing wrong. Here's my page:: http://crosswindproperties.homestead.co ... lMenu.html
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi,

These two lines:

Code: Select all

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="files/menu_array.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="files/mmenu.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
are inside of a table. Try moving those two lines outside of the table, either before the opening <TABLE> tag or after the closing </TABLE> tag (I'd probably put them before). I'm not familiar with Homestead, so I don't know how to access the html code with it, but you could always use any ol' text editor to test it.

Hope that helps,

Kevin