other menu - some good functions

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
tv2n
Advanced
Advanced

other menu - some good functions

Post by tv2n »

Web Site: http://gusnz.cjb.net

This site has a menu not as nice or easy to code as milonic but it worked with netscape 4.7 on resize and it printed where it's supposed to in IE 6 and Netscape 4.7

Don't know if milonic can do something to fix the print bug and the resize/reload in Netscape or not.

thanks.
Kirzz
Beginner
Beginner

also: resize work in framesets

Post by Kirzz »

i'fe know a much easyer and also a menu that resize and work in all browsers ver. (without new opera):

http://www.burmees.nl/menu/menus.htm

That menu also work in framesets and is a top menu for webdesigners because of the resize-possibility. And you don't need to call the script in every sites in the frameset-version, only one time in your navi-site, thats all. The script now where to call the body-arrays with only one entry.

The web site of the menu looks stupid, but the menu is also top like the milonic-menu; for webdesigners even much better.

kirzz
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

What is this re-sizing problem that I've been reading about recently?

I hear that the Burmees menu and another menu don't have re-sizing issues :?: but I'm not aware of any resizing issues in the Milonic menu

Can anyone shed some light on this?

-- Andy
tv2n
Advanced
Advanced

re-size problem in netscape

Post by tv2n »

Hi Andy --

I only tested the Milonic menu in Netscape 4.77.
Whenever you resize the browser, netscape would try to reload your page and that caused the menu to jumped (causing the menu .. hmm ...to look very unprofessional for a few sec).

i have a screen print of what netscape does to Milonic menu when resizing the broswer window.

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~tv2n/menu.doc

please take a look and see.

PS: the menu on milonic also does something like that in netscape.

thanks,
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

It's meant to do this.

It does it in Opera too and it's a bug with the browser.

People that use Netscape 4.x on a regular basis are well prepared for page reloads if they re-size the browser it's expected.

BTW - All other DHTML menus do it too

Cheers
Andy
Last edited by Andy on Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tv2n
Advanced
Advanced

but ...

Post by tv2n »

Andy --

Page reloading is fine ... but why does it make the menu so messed up like that ... refer to the link from previous post to see how the menu displayed during a resize.

thanks.