Zone Alarm and menu compatibility

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
gilman01
Beginner
Beginner

Zone Alarm and menu compatibility

Post by gilman01 »

Has anyone experienced a problem using the menu with ZoneAlarm Pro Version with Ad Blocking Enabled?

I have a client who says she can not see past the first level menu on any page with the menu running (I sent her to a number of sites including this one) but when she disables this feature in Zone Alarm the menu works flawlessly. She is using IE6 (reloaded it this morning to make sure it wasn't a corrupted version).

I am just curious if in fact this is the problem that others using ZA might be having. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
gary_smithson
Beginner
Beginner

Post by gary_smithson »

I have a friend who has tested my site with Zone Alarm both on and off. Yes, ZA causes problems with the menu. I doubt that anything can be done to prevent the problems because ZA actually rips out chuncks of JavaScript that it finds ?"questionable"?. I hear that WebWasher might also do the same thing.
Thanks,
Gary
Jack D. Ripper
Beginner
Beginner

ZA and the menu

Post by Jack D. Ripper »

I have the standard ZA and find no problems with it. The menu works fine within all levels...... If this works fine in ZA, how could the ZA pro be that much different?
gary_smithson
Beginner
Beginner

Post by gary_smithson »

That's good news about ZA Standard, as that's what most people will have. ZA Pro is obviously more aggressive.
Thanks,
Gary
Scott
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Scott »

I was running Zone Alarm standard for 2 years and never had an issue..

Sometimes it pays to be cheap and not buy the full version. ;)
The lobsters are coming!!!