Text Menu Alignment

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Text Menu Alignment

Post by bobwill »

Why is it that I have to place "non breaking space" syntax " " in my main menu text descriptions so that different browsers, i.e. Opera 7, Opera 6, IE 6, etc will not display correctly, but the sub menu text labels do not this type of control. If I have a menu labeled "About AL Baseball", then I have to describe it as "About AL Baseball" or it will not display correctly.

Site to view: http://www.baseball.legion.org/newsite/
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Guess I'm missing something here, but I do not understand what you are asking. For instance, you say...
If I have a menu labeled "About AL Baseball", then I have to describe it as "About AL Baseball"...
They look the same to me. Could you possibly reword your question?
John
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

I think Bob put some  's in the second one... i.e.

If I have a menu labeled "About AL Baseball", then I have to describe it as "About AL Baseball"...

but did not diable HTML in the post. So they came out looking the same.

Good to see that you're still here John!

--Kevin
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

Yes, that is correct. I have   in the text line. Sorry I forgot to disable HTML. The question is, why do I have to have the "non breaking space" in the main menu text items.
brrobin1
Beginner
Beginner

Post by brrobin1 »

The deal with   is that they are Non Breaking SPaces. This means that no mater how much the broser wants to your code won't let it word wrap useing that space. Not sure if this helps or not but I hope it does.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Yep, still here, Kevin.

They close the university down over the holidays and kick us all out (I really needed the break). Could have gotten on from home, of course, but that was forbidden (by me!). :)

Bob, the   should not be needed in your menu items unless you want to control the 'look' of the item, as br mentioned.
John