Relative (percentage) widths in menu headers

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Crimson
Beginner
Beginner

Relative (percentage) widths in menu headers

Post by Crimson »

I have 7 drop-down menus at the top of my page, and I need the overall menu width to span 100% across the page. I set the following and it didn't do any good.

Code: Select all

1,					// Set the Overall Width of Horizontal Menu to 100% and height to the specified amount (Leave blank to disable)
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Christine
Crimson
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Crimson »

*pout* anyone??
Crimson
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Crimson »

Never mind. I changed the style of the site a little so I wouldn't need to stretch. I'm thinking there is no way to stretch these menus and that's why no one responded.
Non
Advanced
Advanced

Menu headers width

Post by Non »

True: as fas as I know you cannot set a width (absolute or relative) for the header part of the menu. I hope this will be possible soon!
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

I know you said you changed things around so you didnt need to do this, but a trick I used to fake it was to use graphics. Have the header of your menu (or the main horizontal menu) have no borders whatsoever, just separators inbetween the menu items. Then create a banner for your site that has a horizontal bar thats about the height of your menu stretching the entire width of the page. I generally use a 600px main graphic, a 1 pixel width stretching graphic and then a 100px end graphic as my banner. That way the page can stretch and still look ok. Then set your menus background color to the same of the banner graphic's horizontal bar. The menu will appear to stretch completely across the screen, when in fact its just your banner and the menu stops half way.

Give it a try if you'd like. Its not that difficult to do.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."