Problem with Menu disappearing behind SVG map

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
scargin
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Problem with Menu disappearing behind SVG map

Post by scargin »

I have read that people have had issues with menus disappearing behind flash components.

Does anyone have a solution for stopping the menu disappearing behind .svg objects. I am incorporating the menu in a site with svg maps and it is moving behind the map.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stuart
Zophar
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Zophar »

Did you try to put your flash components in a Layer!?
Something like that:

Code: Select all

<div name="myFlash" id="myFlash" style="position:absolute; top:85px; left:178px; z-index:10; overflow: visible;">
<-- Your FlashComponent Here -->
</div>
The layer with the z-index more higher value get in front of every other layer (but actually the Milonic Menu set no z-index --> not sure on that).. Well im not sure you have to set the z-index but try to put your flash in a layer and see what happens...
scargin
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by scargin »

With previous Javascript menus placing the Flash content in a layer makes no difference as the Flash will appear as the top layer regardless of the Z index.

In any case I am talking about SVG which has some differences to Flash.

Thanks,

Stuart
vascoace
Beginner
Beginner

Post by vascoace »

Did you find a solution to this problem? I'm having exactly the same problem using the menu with SVG. The menu is displayed behind the svg image and I tried using the style="z-index: 0" inside the embed. This embed is located inside a jsp file

<embed src="svg/myfile.svg"
wmode="transparent" style="z-index: 0" name="SVGEmbed" height="100%" width="100%" type="image/svg+xml" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/">
</embed>

Help please :(

Alberto
Alberto Acevedo
computer Enginer
US army
vascoace
Beginner
Beginner

Post by vascoace »

I found the solution by using wmode= transparent ;)

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
emitSVG('src="svg/DODAF/DODAF.svg" name="SVGEmbed" wmode="transparent" height=100%" width="100%" type="image/svg+xml"');
-->
</script>
<NOSCRIPT>
<embed src="svg/DODAF/DODAF.svg"
wmode="transparent" style="z-index: 0" wmode="transparent" name="SVGEmbed" height="100%" width="100%" type="image/svg+xml" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/">
</embed>
</NOSCRIPT>
Alberto Acevedo
computer Enginer
US army
scargin
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by scargin »

Alberto,

Well done.

I will try your solution out soon. It ooks great.

Thanks,

Stuart