Norton/Symantec causing Menu display problems

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
dstarr@lumbermens.com
Beginner
Beginner

Norton/Symantec causing Menu display problems

Post by dstarr@lumbermens.com »

I am starting to get calls from users saying that they cannot see the menu. I have read that Norton/Symantec Internet Security software is causing this problem. Some of my users have disabled security and can now see the menu but this is not a good solution.

I updated menu to 3.5.15 which I thought was supposed to correct the problem but it doesn't seem to have worked.

Is anybody familiar with this problem? Does anybody know if there are particular settings in Norton/Symantec that are causing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :?
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi,

Haven't had this problem myself, but if I understand the version info comments correctly, it isn't enough just to install the updated mmenu.js file. You also have to replace the line in the menu_array.js file that starts the menus (the one at the top, whose comment indicates that "The following line is critical..."). Replace that line in your current menu array file with the same line from the menu_array.js in the v3.5.15 zip. You'll notice a slight change in that line, which breaks the output of the <script> tag into two strings, presumably to get around the firewall problem.

Hope that helps,

Kevin
pat@dracoblu.com
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Firewall Problems

Post by pat@dracoblu.com »

I am having a similar problem, in that I recently installed EZ Trust Firewall from Computer Associates. I updated to 3.5.15 my menu_array files (I have two) for my website [url]http:www.dracoblu.com[/url], and I am getting an object expected error that varies from page to page within the site. I am not having display or obvious functioning issues with the menu itself. Any help would be appreciated.

Pat
asousa
Beginner
Beginner

Post by asousa »

Same problem here with me. Installed the updated version hoping that this was the problem and it def was not!

I also came to this website with NIS turned on and none of the menus work here either.

Please help with this issue!!! It is very frustrating!!

Thanks
asousa
Beginner
Beginner

Post by asousa »

Could someone from Milonic please address this issue????