Show Menu that's Visibility=Off

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
yadin
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Show Menu that's Visibility=Off

Post by yadin »

Is there a way to show a menu that has it's visibility normally set to off?

I have a mainmenu that I always have displayed.

But when a user goes to one of the mainmenu's subsections, I would like to redisplay that submenu again on that same page without having to link another menu_array.js that includes that menu.

ie. Using your "Samples Menu". If you had a "Samples" page that gave an overview of your samples, I would like to show the samples menu on that page so the user could choose one of the samples to see, without having to go back to the main menu or without have to include those links again hardcoded into the body of the page.

I understand the use of the popup() function but the menu disappears on mousemovement or clicks.

Ideally I would like to use the PlaceMenu() function, but again if the menu's visibility=0, it does not display.

Thanks for a great menu!

Re: Show Menu that's Visibility=Off

Post by Guest »

Hi,

You can write custom functions that will do what you need.

First you need to know how to reference a menu item.

Lets say you have a menu named "mainmenu" heres how you would reference it.

menu_num=getMenuByName("mainmenu")
menu_obj=gmobj("menu" menu_num)

menu_obj now contains a reference to mainmenu that you can use to modify menu behaviour.

You can also reference the menu array too: here's how.

menu_num=getMenuByName("mainmenu")
menu=eval("menu" menu_num)

Once you have the menu array reference called "menu" you can change the always visible property. You can do this like so: menu[7]=1 then you can execute popup("mainmenu") this will then keep the "mainmenu" menu alive at all times.

Cheers
Andy