Menue with Frameset

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
engl
Beginner
Beginner

Menue with Frameset

Post by engl »

I would like to switch our side to a Frameset. The Menue should be in the Top-Frame and the Submenues (Popups) are shown in a Main-Frame. What I have to do for this? I read here in the forum about a frames sample - put i can't find this sample file. I use Version 3.5.15. Can anybody help me?
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

There WAS a sample, but since the webpage has been updated and completely reworked to cater to the version 5, I doubt you'll be able to find the sample for version 3. I suggest upgrading to version 5 :!: In fact, i think you're gonna have to. ;)
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
engl
Beginner
Beginner

Post by engl »

OK, i will upgrade to version 5 :) How can I work with submenue in other frame in version 5? Is there an sample for it?
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

NOt sure yet, I havent had a chance to sift through all of Andy's samples. But another recommendation I would like to make is to shy away from frames. They are tough to design and maintain and get everything to work well. You shoud look into having includes in your pages (if you are using some sort of server side scripting language) or iframes. Just my 2 cents. :)
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."