Could someone check and let me know if it works?

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Could someone check and let me know if it works?

Post by Ruth »

Hello ALL,
Well, I've got a test page up. I've checked the menu in IE 5.0 and it works great, I used "" instead of transparent and it picks up the font color on the page as the font and border, in Netscape 4.08 and 4.79. for some reason - probably the "" instead of transparent, it puts a green border, but since it doesn't look too bad, I'll leave that. In Opera 6.0, it shows up spread way beyond the page size and is non functional. Any info on any browsers would be appreciated, including MAC which I have a feeling isn't going to work. At least that way I can put a link for a drop down form menu for those in which it won't work.
Yes, I know I need to upgrade, but I had to get the organization and links done since I have NO idea what I'm doing as to the coding in the menu and it's hit or miss. Once I get this up and working or have an alternate menu for those browsers in which it doesn't work, I'll move to 5...which will probably be another 4 months or so of figuring out how to make it do what I want. :? Hey we all can't be techies......I teach language.....so maybe i'll throw a bit of Russian at you and ask if a word in in the dative or ablative and how it functions in the sentence ...unless of course you speak Russian. :P Thanks so much for all the help over the months.

LINK REMOVED

Ruth :D
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Ruth I cant see it now as I dont have opera installed. But I have 7.0, I can try it on that. Just one little thing, I noticed you have | 's in your menus as separators. It doesnt look as nice because they too get highlighted when you mouse over the items. There is a separator bar option in the menu items that you can use. Search for it on the forums, and the menu_array files usually are commented well enough for you to see it. Its generally at the end of the menu items, like,
1, style,0,"",,,,1...the 1 on the end is the width of the separator.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Thanks Dave,
Yes, I tried putting a number in for the separator bar, the problem is, the separator bar is part of the "// 3D Border & Separator bar", and doesn't seem to be a separate item by itself. If I put a number in that, even if I mark the menu item separator color as "" it doesn't pick up the page font color in IE like the other options do and doesn't show, but in NN the whole background of the menu turns the bright green color of the separator bars in the vertical menus. Maybe I could put an image there instead. I'll play with it. Although there's no real reason it has to have separator bars. :)
By the way, thanks so much for the text mouseover. I used span because the table code seemed to cause problems sometimes, span works all the time, well it doesn't work on NN 4.08 or 4.79 but that's OK.

Ruth