Problem centering menu using 3.3.19

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Hurricane
Beginner
Beginner

Problem centering menu using 3.3.19

Post by Hurricane »

Before I ask my question, I have tried version 5 and it seems to load slower than my version, so I don't want to upgrade as a solution.
Take a look at http://www.hvffl.com/dev. This is a developmental site and is not in production just yet.
I want the top menu centered, but I cannot do it. I have tried tweaking every possible setting and the only change I ever get is that the menu disappears. You can find my menu_array.js file on the site under the dev directory if you need to look.
Can you help me set the proper settings?
Thank you,
Andrew
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Do you mean you want the horizontal menu that is on the page centered and at the top of the page? If so, it is centered...if you consider the image you have to the left, which is 112 pixels wide. If you center it, it will go over the image. However, try this page...I fixed the image so it is a bit 'taller' so the menu won't go over it. If it's what you want, then find the downloaded image and the menu_array1.js file which is the same as yours but with the changes to make it center.

http://www.poems2u.com/testing/hvfflmain2.htm

If you just want to fix yours, then eliminate the 'left position' you have for the menu, and in the line for the 'screen position' put in "center" but again, that will put the menu over the image. Good Luck.

Ruth

PS, you should post for version 3 under that section.
Hurricane
Beginner
Beginner

What did you change?

Post by Hurricane »

Thanks for the help. I didn't have the word center in quotes.. that was the problem. Thanks.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

You're welcome. Just a suggestion, but you should put in the size in the image, makes things load better. <.img src="whatever.gif" width="112" height="58" border="0"> The border =0 is important since some browsers will put a border if it doesn't expressly say it's 0 size.

Ruth
John
 Team
 Team

Re: Problem centering menu using 3.3.19

Post by John »

Hurricane wrote:Before I ask my question, I have tried version 5 and it seems to load slower than my version, so I don't want to upgrade as a solution.
What, specifically, are you finding slower? v5 is way ahead of v3 speed-wise (and in everything else as well). What is your browser, OS, etc.? Also note that RC9 is now available. What version were you using?
John