rollovers load too slow

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

rollovers load too slow

Post by Andy »

hello,
first of, this menu is more than great. i'd love to implement it into my site but there is a little problem keeping me away from that. it is that the rollover images take a hell of a time to load, sometimes they don't load at all. if you want to see what i mean, i have put up a testpage where you can see that problem. ( http://www.janusfoundation.org/test/nav ... stpage.htm ) if you turn your mouse over , the rollover with a blue line should appear, and it will if you wait long and try hard enough .
is there a chance that the array can be programmed in a way the rollovers load faster? or am I the only one having that problem and i did something wrong??
please help

best regards
cookie

Re: rollovers load too slow

Post by Guest »

Well, right off you have a fabulous implementation of our menu, cudos on your layout and creativity! The site seems to work fine, but I did note that some of the rollovers didn't behave right on the top level menu. What caught me by surprise when looking further was that your menu_array file has a header saying version 3.1. We never released a version 3.1 so I can't figure out where this came from. Your array file is not in the proper format for the mmenu.js you have (which I see is 3.3.18, the most recent), it is missing some fields in the arrays. You also have some syntax errors in the properties arrays. I recomend you slot your configuration into a current array file and see if this helps, I can't anticipate what might happen as is... Once you get that all updated and corrected if you still have problems let us know!
Cheers!
Yadin

Post by Guest »

hello yadin,
please be so kind and check my array file again, i made some changes and the menu seems to have improved a bit but still the loading of the rollover images takes far too long. ( i have a satellite connection and it still took about a minute for all the rollovers to appear, considering other people are using a 56k connection i might think they will be loading forever..)
can you please also let me know about the syntax errors where they are, I didn't find them.
I am using IE6 and there especially the one star - "contact" (link) has a problem, after the rollover appears, it doesn't want to disappear again and the mouse-over color of the one submenu item ("Links") remains in the mouse-over state.
thank you very much for your help.

cookie

Post by Guest »

Your style arrays are still wrong. They look like this:

style1=[ // Menu Properties Array
"F9edd0", // Off Font Color
"000000", // Off Back Color
"Fec517", // On Font Color
"000000", // On Back Color
"000000", // Border Color
12, // Font Size
"normal", // Font Style
"normal", // Font Weight
"Arial,Helvetica", // Font
3, // Padding
"Graphics/transparent.gif" // Sub Menu Image
,1 // 3D Border

Post by Guest »

hi yadin
in style 1 the submenu image is disabled, in style 2 it is arrow.gif - that,s the difference because i don't want the submenu image to be appearing in the mainmenu.
i was following all your advice but still i am not too satisfied because i see that the graphics are changing much faster on your sample page (the dynamic images sample). so i had the style changed for the contact menu but this also didn't help much, i will change it back soon to the other style because there is no arrow needed.

Don't know if you have any other ideas or if i have to live with it as it is.
anyway, thank's a lot for your help and fast replies.

cheers
cookie