How to place the menu inside a table?

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Re: Tables

Post by Andy »

How did you fix the froblem?
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

No problem, here's the code I used in my page to get the menu working in Netscape 4.7, 6.2, and IE 6.0 (browsers I tested it with):

<body ...>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="lib/menu_array.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="lib/mmenu.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

[ note: "lib" is the folder I placed the menus on the server. Now I'll place a part of the table the menu is actually "glued" i. The menu is at the end of the table:

[.......]
<tr>
<td align=left valign=bottom height=20>
<SCRIPT>PlaceMenu("mainmenu")</SCRIPT>
</table>

[See there's no ending /tr and /td tags. That's very important!
OK, that's all in the webpage.]

That's almost all. Also, to combat a strange "jumping" effect of the menu (right before it appears on the webpage) I recommend using the following settings in the menu_array.js file:

[.....]

addmenu(menu=[ // This is the array that contains your menu properties and details
"mainmenu", // Menu Name - This is needed in order for the menu to be called
-100, // Menu Top - The Top position of the menu in pixels
-100, // Menu Left - The Left position of the menu in pixels

[You'll easily find the place in the file. Strange, but without such settings (or like them), the menu "jumps" to its current position when loading.]

If you're curious see all of the code of my test page I put for the time the menu, and how it works, you may see it here:

http://members.tripod.com/iwns/testmenu.html

I'll not remove it for some time, until I resolve another problem with OnLoad (partial incompatibility with another script?), and some more testing.

Excluding that, the menu works fine. 'm happy if I were of some use.

Michel
sberry@annex.net
Beginner
Beginner

How to place the menu inside a table?

Post by sberry@annex.net »

I'm a novice, I just know a bit of html and css coding; I tried several times to insert the menu in a table cell, but as soon I place it in the table it disappears! Could you please help me? Thanks in advance!

One more question: I have running another javascript code in my site (it shows the date and time). It stops working as soon as I place the menu somewhere (outside a table). My script loads using this command: <body onload="show_clock()">. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
urbank@uni.de
Beginner
Beginner

Tables

Post by urbank@uni.de »

My test page is on http://members.tripod.com/iwns/testmenu.html

I followed a link in the FAQ section, which must explain how to do this, but it's not working! http://www.milonic.co.uk/menu/placemenu_sample.php

Thanks! Your menu is really great! I spent already a whole night trying to customize it the way it'll suit my page, but not being able put it in a table..
OK, bye

Post by Guest »

Problem resolved! But still have questions... :)
See my other post! Please, help somebody!

M.

Post by Guest »

Thanx for the tip - worked like a charm at my site (http://www.mobital.net)

Didn't have to remove the /tr
jnfls
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jnfls »

hi...I have been following the discussion board and I am having the same problem in placing the nav into a table. I could not call the PlaceMenu() for some reasons. Can you please let me know how should i be setting the placemenu as i am clueless.

thank you in advance.