well when clicked directly but not when served via server

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
sau_cer
Beginner
Beginner

well when clicked directly but not when served via server

Post by sau_cer »

I am experiencing a strange problem with the version 3.3.19 of topmenu4.

I implemented the menu in my test site about a month back and it seemingly worked ok then, both on my local testing server (Tomcat) and when I directly clicked on it. But not it works if I directly click on it but when pages are served via the testing server (same html code) generates a script error at line 310 char 114 of the page :evil:

Since the same line and character causes errors in all my files (of variable lengths, when viewed via local testing server) it seems that the error is in one of the .js files (perhaps mmmenu.js.. only this file had 310 line no ..':idea:), required by the menu to work, but again it works perfectly when used directly(i.e. by direct clicking). On viewing source, I can see that the html code for both the files (one generated by direct clicking and other served via my testing server ) are exactly similar.

What can be the problem? How do I rectify the situation...?
:evil: :idea:
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

3.3.19 is literally at least 25 levels down from the last version of the v3 series menu (3.5.15). Also, as noted on the Milonic home page, the v3 series is no longer supported. I would suggest moving up to v5, available at http://milonic.com/.
John
sau_cer
Beginner
Beginner

Post by sau_cer »

I got this version from dynamicdrive.com. and have already done all the customization so have to stick with the version.. don't want to do the customization again .. but i would also give the new version in the 3 series a try .. please tell me from where can i download it(3.5.15)
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

sau_cer wrote:please tell me from where can i download it(3.5.15)
http://milonic.com/menuvinfo.php

Always download from us! Just a reminder, that's the last of the v3 series. Also, moving up to v5 really isn't that hard.
John