I want to convert to version 5

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
crawley
Advanced
Advanced

I want to convert to version 5

Post by crawley »

Is this easy and has anyone used the online converter - any help appreciated - have no idea what version my client is on - probably a year old . I'm just a bit worried that everything might go wrong!
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Great! v5 is the only way to go.

Easy? Yes and no. That's not meant to scare you away, it's just that v5 is entirely different from v3. However, many folks have used the converter with good results. Keep in mind it does not do everything perfectly, but it does get most of it.

Good reading (strongly suggested) on v5 can be found at http://milonic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2981.
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

It worked fine for me, I had to fix a couple of things with images but other than that it was very good.

Ruth
crawley
Advanced
Advanced

Thank you !

Post by crawley »

Thanks for the advice - I will start shortly and let you know!
crawley
Advanced
Advanced

Milonic link

Post by crawley »

I have downloaded and converted and most of it was easy - one problem although I was a licensed user for version 3 - the converted menu contains a link to milonic - do I have to buy another license for version 5?
Sharon
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Drop a note to licensing@milonic.com and explain the situation (I'm still confused on this one). She will have the answer.

Note also that you must be logged in to the main site (different that the Forum login) before downloading or you will get the free (linked) version.
John
crawley
Advanced
Advanced

Well, I just have one problem now...

Post by crawley »

I finally managed to download the unlinked version of the menu - despite support not replying to any support requests - and despite my being a professional member! -

and.... the conversion went well ! just a few littel things and it'll be up and running. Thanks everyone - except support that is!
Sharon
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Did you post your support through the proper support channel at http://milonic.com/reqsupport.php or just the Forum.

Oh and if you used the contact us page for support this might also be why your request failed.

Cheers
Andy.
crawley
Advanced
Advanced

support

Post by crawley »

I used the support request form > my milonic and new request http://milonic.com/reqsupport.php and haven't heard a dicky bird despite making two requests.

I only needed support because of the upgrade!

Anyway - I can discuss my woes on the 'version 5' forum oooooooo.....
Sharon
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Sharon,

It's just been brought to my attention that support related emails had been blocked due to the MyDoom worm, this is why support was not answered as quickly as we both would have liked.

I apologise for this and steps are being taken to prevent a reoccurrence.

One of the steps we are taking is complete eradication of ALL email from Milonic systems. This method of communication is both troublesome and currently way too unreliable.

Once again, I apologise for the lack of support you have received and we are doing all we can to correct this.

Regards
Andy Woolley
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

ARGGH, I hate that bloody myDoom! Its caused more trouble! If I could just meet the creator of it I would just.... :evil:
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."