Position of Frame based Menu

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
crosser
Beginner
Beginner

Position of Frame based Menu

Post by crosser »

Hello,
I want the frame based menu like this one: http://milonic.com/menu/frames/ and I deleted the left frame (sideframe).
But now the submenu in the mainFrame isn´t positioned right.
You can see it here: http://crosser.myspace.ath.cx/testhp/index.htm
If you put the mouse over "Moped" than the submenu should come under "Moped" and not so much left.
Where can I make it right??

Greets Marc
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Marc,

Since the fames demo is still version 3, I'll move this into the v3 forum, but I'll also go ahead and answer ;)

In the frames demo, there's a a file called frames_header_array.js that hets loaded into the header frame. At the top of that file, there should be a global variable called Frames_Left_Offset, e.g.,

Code: Select all

Frames_Left_Offset=-36
Adjust that value until your submenus line up the way you want. Since you've removed the side frame, you'll probably want a positive value. Maybe start with 100 and adjust from there.

Hope that helps,

Kevin
crosser
Beginner
Beginner

Post by crosser »

oh, thank you!!
100 was EXACT Value!! :-)

Thanks,

Greetings Marc
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

crosser wrote:100 was EXACT Value!! :-)
DHTML positioning by Zen! ;)

Glad it worked.

Kevin
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

Before you go to a lot of effort coding a menu, I'd strongly suggest you get the V5 menu and go with Iframes. Your menu may look ok at the moment but the fact that it is so old means you may get bugs or development problems later on and you'll have to start again from scratch. There have ben so many developments with the new menu, and it's much faster.

I used to use the V3 frames menu and considered holding back from V5 until a frames solution was made but I'm glad I didn't. I went with Iframes which have been superb, and am shortly going over to SSI.
Andy Davis
Web Designer & Smartboard Manager

Fred Longworth High School, Manchester, England.
crosser
Beginner
Beginner

Post by crosser »

but the problems with iframe is the screensolution. I think thats a problem!