Main menu colour change when a sub menu item is selected

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
curtis
Beginner
Beginner

Main menu colour change when a sub menu item is selected

Post by curtis »

Hiya

I am new to this menu thing, can anyone tell me how to make the main menu item highlight when you have selected a sub-menu from within it?

I am using version 3.3.19

thanks

Curtis
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Curtis,
I happened to be browsing the old version just for something to do. If you're new to the menu, I really really suggest you get version 5. The version you are running is even way way down from the last version of 3 which was 3.5 something. Version 5 is so much better, much more up to date for what the new browsers can do and all the css updates. Anyway, there should be something like this

Code: Select all

,    // Current Page Item Font Color (leave this blank to disable)
,        // Current Page Item Background Color (leave this blank to disable)
That's where you put the color you want to be highighted. It may not exist in that version of the menu. You should check out the new version, there is even a converter online to convert your old data file to the new one and only a few things have to be fixed usually....sometimes there are extra ; or commas.

Also, just so you know, normally no one of the team would be responding to this forum, it is active for user to user, but not for support from Milonic or the forum volunteers. Good Luck.

Ruth
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Curtis -

Ruth is absolutely correct. v3 is no longer supported or developed. v5 is the only way to go, especially since you're just starting out with the menu.

Given where the v3 series ended, and where v5 is now, you are well over 75 versions down-level! Needless to say, staying with v3 you're going to have a lot of problems.

Get v5 at http://milonic.com/!
John