dynamic menus

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Re: dynamic menus

Post by Andy »

You could write a function that would write out to the array file, perl would be good for this. But of course that's a permanent addition unless something else parses it back out. If you want an addition on a per user basis the best thing would be to load in another partial array when you click on the button. This should be doable but I admit I've never tried it. Multiple array files can be read in, it's just a matter of causing the read to occur after page load and not have anything odd happen. Andy might be able to offer some more on this if he gets the chance.
Cheers!
Yadin
jmalatia@hotmail.com
Beginner
Beginner

Re: dynamic menus

Post by jmalatia@hotmail.com »

I do it with a database, but its a ColdFusion application. Still, the principles are fairly straightforward and if you're using something like PHP you could port over the menu building routine without too much difficulty, I suspect.

Its a free tool. You can find it at

http://devex.macromedia.com/developer/g ... 508B94F380
saladpuncher
Beginner
Beginner

dynamic menus

Post by saladpuncher »

Is it possible to change the menu once it's created? I'm talking about making a button that once pressed will add a new menu to the menu object. I can already change it's color and effects but I can't seem to add new menu items.