How do you bound menu to table cell

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
roy@ecohauling.com
Beginner
Beginner

How do you bound menu to table cell

Post by roy@ecohauling.com »

I know I saw a mini how-to on this somewhere, but can't locate it after searching he FAQ, Table Bound Page listed under support, or any of the threads going back 2 months.
Can someone please direct me to the page that explains it.

Also, where the NS4 table problems worked out in version 3.4

Thanks in advance
bobf@expd.co.uk
Beginner
Beginner

Re: How do you bound menu to table cell

Post by bobf@expd.co.uk »

I am interested in this too. I have never been able to get the menu to show up in an NS4 table at all. I am pretty sure I have tried everything suggested in the forum bu to no avail.

Bob
roy@ecohauling.com
Beginner
Beginner

Do questions get answered on this forum?

This is a question that I feel should be in the general FAQ and yet as I go back through the forum, I find it asked several times and never answered.

I am test running this menu before I start using it or suggesting it and find this factor important.

Your Menu is sweet, but you really do need a better HOW-TO

Thanks
Roy
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Try to look at the the samples provided on this sites or search the forums where others may have posted solutions.

Here's one who has successfully done that.
http://www.milonic.co.uk/menu/forum/read.php?f=7
roy@ecohauling.com
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks Indra,
You almost answered my question and I'm very appreciative of any help.

I have searched the forum and the FAQ and the table support page.
I have spent a couple of hours searching, which has made this an expensive menu even before I have competed to it.

The tread you mention was started today and doesn't explain how to place the menu in a cell. It was one person talking to himself.

What is the PlaceMenu function?
Does in go directly in a cell?
What is the exact code?

Thanks
Roy
roy@ecohauling.com
Beginner
Beginner

Again I ask

Do questions get answered on this forum?

This seems like a simple question and yet going through all the previous threads, I have never seen it answered. I had hoped to use this Menu this week, but my deadline has passed.

This is a nice Menu and well worth $30, but it NEEDS A GOOD HOW-TO

Most is explained in the script and FAQ, but not all. Having a growing How-To that answers all the questions on this forum, would make this a far more valuable script.

What is the PlaceMenu function?
Does in go directly in a cell?
What is the exact code?
Were the NS4 table problems resolved in 3.4?
If not, are they being addressed for a future release?

If this is explained somewhere, (I'm sure it is) could someone please direct me. I've spent more time than I could afford looking.

Thanks for ANY help
Roy
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

I used the search function on this forum and found this post to answer your question #2 and 3(there may be other posts that can provide answers):
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

I assume you have successfully setup the menu the way you wanted it - bound to a table cell.

There is another success story from someone who uses the tips posted here:
roy@ecohauling.com
Beginner
Beginner

Thanks for the link Indra,

It seems to being working, but I haven't had the time the fully check it in all browsers.

This is a professional quaility Menu well worth the $30, but not all of us have time to search out things that should be documented and documented in one place.

I really do believe a growing How-To would be nice and a complete list of bugs and work arounds.

An example is: that link states no /tr or /td.

I didn't find where that mattered, but it did for him somehow and it would be nice to know why, so if using the menu in the future I could go to the document and look.
My own experience was that unless you gave the menu it's own table it crashed and burned in NS4. My guess is that he just ended his table right after the menu.

Perhaps Milonic should hire someone to test and document all these bugs and list the work around.

I really do like the Menu and I'll proablily use it the next time I have a call for one

Roy