Menu conflict with hyperlink javascript:window.open ?

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
bbourj
Beginner
Beginner

Menu conflict with hyperlink javascript:window.open ?

Post by bbourj »

Hello,

I am in trouble with something which looks like a conflict between my basic javascript code and the menu code.

My page is pretty simple.

The HEAD section includes both menu script and my own function, named photoShow(page) :

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="menus/menuData.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="menus/menuEngine.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
function photoShow(page) {
OpenWin = window.open(page, "photo", "width=300 height=100 left=0 top=0 toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=0,scrollbars=0,status=0,resizable=0");
}
// End -->
</SCRIPT>

This function is called in hyperlink :

<a href="javascript:photoShow('viewer.htm')";>Show</a>

The trouble is that the menu works fine, but seems to prevent my photoShow function to operate normaly. Indeed, when clicking the "Show" hyperlink, the child window opens, but I have two nasty effects in the parent window :

- The cursor gets to the "wait" style (meanwhile the window I open is an empty html page)
- The title turns back to the URL the page, instead of keeping set with the <title> tag value.

The child window behaves normally otherwise.

I checked any variable or function name collision without finding any

Is someone aware of that ?

Thanks