Menu not showing up?

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
whiskey3
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Menu not showing up?

Post by whiskey3 »

http://www.moldex.com/spanish/index.htm

My client says they can see the nav bar underneath the flash header but on three of my machines I do not see it??
Can you please do a Site Check and let me know if you can see the nav?

What would be the reasons I can't see it on my local machine? I did virus check and all machines come up clean?

Thanks....
Wolf
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

There is no support for version 3 now. It's two years or more since it was developed. Most of us wouldn't even know anything about the programming on that version, so we couldn't even begin to guess what the problem is. One thing, that page doesn't seem to include a closing html tag.

The best thing you could do is convince your clients to upgrade to Version 5, it does so much more and is much more in line with all the new developments in web functions.

Ruth
whiskey3
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by whiskey3 »

Could you tell me where the closing html tag is or which line it's on?
I'm gonna upgrade soon but just need a quick fix for now.....
Wolf
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

It's on the page. If you have an opening tag in html coding you should have a closing tag. So, your page begins with

Code: Select all

<html>
<head>
<title>title here</title>
whatever stuff is in the head section
</head>
<body>all the content stuff
</body>
</html>
You'll note that each tag has an opening one, without any / in it and each has a closing one with the / in it. On your page, when I view source there is no

Code: Select all

</html>  
tag at the bottom after the closing body tag.

Ruth
whiskey3
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by whiskey3 »

Thanks I just added it to the index page....pushed it to the server but on 3 of my machines I do not visually see the nav bar at all? I don't get it....... I assume you see the nav bar okay?

http://www.moldex.com/spanish/index.htm
Wolf
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

No, I don't. I get an error which says line 125 char 26 expected ], not sure what that would be, but that's the only messages IE 5.5 gives me. I would suggest you look in your menu_array.js file and try removing lines down around that number, or even a whole menu down in that area and, then try it again without that and if you see the menu, if you do, then something is wrong in the line or the menu. I'm saying menu because it's down so far, line 125, if I remember that would be pretty far down below any styling. Other than having you do testing like that I can't help. I never knew much about that program, though I remember making a menu with it, but 5 came out pretty close to when I started using Milonic.

Ruth
whiskey3
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by whiskey3 »

Thanks I gotcha. If I find the problem I'll post it. I'll start searching tomorrow on it.......
Wolf
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Your best bet really is to upgrade to v5. v3 simply is not supported any more, and unless one of our users has some ideas we won't be able to help.

Sorry - it's just too old.
John
whiskey3
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by whiskey3 »

Yeah I'm gonna start working on that but I have a deadline for the Spanish site so I need the quickest fix right now.....
Wolf