Follow Scrolling only when top of menu would go off screen

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Diakonos
Advanced
Advanced

Follow Scrolling only when top of menu would go off screen

Post by Diakonos »

I've seen this on the main Milonic site, but can't figure out what setting it is that does this:

The side menu is set for follow scrolling, but it doesn't move until the page is scrolled down far enough to make the top of the menu disappear off the screen. AT THAT POINT, it starts scrolling down. If the user scrolls back up, it "sticks" to it's intial top page position and moves with the page scroll. What setting is that?

Currently, my menu scrolls ANYTIME the page is scrolled and stays at a prescribed top/left position no matter where the current scroll is at and I'd like to make it so that it only scrolls if the top of the menu were to disappear off the screen (like the milonic.com site).

I've looked at the menu_array.js file that is on that page and compared it to my own, but can't seem to figure out what setting it is. I'm sure it's obvious to everyone but me. Anyone?
yadin
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by yadin »

An excellent question, you have me wondering now about this difference. Please provide a url to your site so I can examine your code for differences.
Thanks,
Yadin
Diakonos
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Diakonos »

Yadin,

Apparently the difference was not defined in the array file after all... I just implemented the ".08" version and got that behavior automatically. At least I'm pretty sure I did... I was tweaking some other settings, but I don't think I did anything different that I hadn't before to make this behavior take effect. Can you (or anyone) confirm this?