Firefox shows menu vertical in Japanese HTML characters

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Nurse
Beginner
Beginner

Firefox shows menu vertical in Japanese HTML characters

Post by Nurse »

Hello,

I am a new here and do not have so much expirience with the menue. I have taken over the admin area fo rthe menue and my first task was to generate a Japanese interface :-()

Well, it is working fine, except that the Japanese HTML characters are displayed vertical in firefox.

I am using: ホーム
to display JE characters: ホーム

Internet Explorer, Netscape are displaying correct (as wished).
The same is with regular character menues.

How can I prevent this? This only happen in Firefox.

I have googeled a little bit and checked SelfHTML but did not find a solutio for it.

Any help is appreciated.

Sabine
Last edited by Nurse on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Sabine,

We are going to need a url to test and see what's up.

Ruth
Nurse
Beginner
Beginner

Here is the URL for you.

Post by Nurse »

Hello Ruth,

here we are: http://www.icem.com/set_language.asp?LanguageId=4

Regards.

Sabine
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I'm sorry but that menu is the old version 3. It has not been developed in 3 years and there is no support for it anymore. It is totally different than the current version 5 and we wouldn't even know where to start. I would suggest that you move up to the current Menu. It is designed for the newer browsers and newer capabilities that keep showing up on the web. It is also backward compatible for such as NS4 and there is a conversion utility which will let you automatically convert your menu_array.js [which you have on the page, so you'd need to put it in a file to convert it] This means you'd have little to no editing.

http://milonic.com/licensing.php

If you decide to upgrade and need any assistance, just post back and we'd be glad to help you here on the forum. You would also be entitled to a full year of email support and menu upgrades for free if you do purchase the new version. It's a very reasonably priced product, much more inexpensive than the others out there and with full support. Also, you are entitled to use the menu forever even if you don't renew support after the 1st year. Once licensed it's yours. [If I sound like a salesman, it's because I really like and believe in this menu. I do NOT work for Milonic, I and the others who help here are just volunteers who really believe in this menu]

I am moving this to the Archived V3 forum. You could try a search in that forum and see if there is any similar issue.

Ruth
Nurse
Beginner
Beginner

Thank you.

Post by Nurse »

Hello Ruth,

thank you for your help.

I wil have alook on the conversion and how much time it takes, because it is build into the ASP code.

Have a nice time

Sabine
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

There is an asp_sqlserver sample in the download of the menu. You can even have the data sent through the asp processor. I have no idea about that. But many use the menu and change the extension to what they need. i.e. menu_data.asp;menu_data.php, menu_data.cfm and so on.

Sorry but I am not conversant with any of this stuff.

Ruth