Site Check Please

A forum for, well, anything really.
Gripes, moans, ideas or just general chit chat. EXCEPT SPAM!!! - Don't just register to post here - IT WILL GET DELETED!!!
steve.n
Advanced
Advanced

Site Check Please

Post by steve.n »

Hi Guys,

I am near completion of a website I designed using Andy's menu ver5 (cheque will be in post before it goes live, Andy)

I'd really appreciate any feedback on the menu in use (technical and/or appearance). Constructive criticism most welcome :)

My only disappointment was not being able to combine flash, the menu and SIFR. SIFR enables the use of creating awesome typography within a website but it became the casualty in this issue.

View here http://www.breezway.com.au/projects/breezway8a/

If nothing shows just add the next letter after breezway8 (ie. b, c, d etc.) as I'm still updating.

Thanks. Steve
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Site Check Please

Post by Ruth »

Hi Steve,

I like the layout, clean sharp and not cluttered. I like the colors except the green, but that's just me, green has never been a color that appeals to me. It does really stand out though when you mouseover and for the highlighting when you're on the related page.

Ruth
steve.n
Advanced
Advanced

Post by steve.n »

Thanks Ruth,

The green has not changed since I began this project so that's an interesting observation - I might just have a play with that :)

Cheers. Steve
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Well, you could start with this as the darker base in the main menu on the mouseover #813e32, and then something like this for the submenu's offbgcolor #ac5444 and leave the pretty bluish/green that you now have for the mouseover in the submenus. Then again, maybe other people like green and wouldn't like the kind of rusty/brownish color :)

Ruth
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

I like the green...
John
steve.n
Advanced
Advanced

Post by steve.n »

LOL

Well, as you learn in Design, everything is subjective. However, the client likes it also so it will stay. The idea behind the colour is to enforce a fresh, modern appearence in a site that sells eco friendly products.

Thanks guys :) Latest version is breezway8c