Automated Screencaps of Implemented Milonic Menus

A forum for, well, anything really.
Gripes, moans, ideas or just general chit chat. EXCEPT SPAM!!! - Don't just register to post here - IT WILL GET DELETED!!!

Are Automated Screencaps of Implemented Milonic Menus a Good Idea?

Yes
50%
No
25%
Already exists at [FILL IN THE BLANK]
No votes
Too expensive / labour-intensive to set up
25%
Cannot be done with current web technology
No votes

Total votes: 4

pbowers
Advanced
Advanced

Automated Screencaps of Implemented Milonic Menus

Post by pbowers »

What I think would be a brilliant utility for Milonic to offer is an automated web form that would take a provided URL, screencap it using the browser or operating system selected by the user and upload the image to a server. It would be great for those of us web designers who don't have access to the less common browsers/OSs. For an additional fee, perhaps a small video file could be offered (captured with something like http://www.techsmith.com/products/studio/default.asp (Camtasia Studio) that would show the milonic menu in action on those systems.

Maybe something like this is already out there somewhere. If so, please let me know.

Paul
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

We are always on the lookout for new ideas but I can't really picture what you're looking for.

If you can create a demo for us to see I'll have a think about how we can do it.

Cheers
Andy
pbowers
Advanced
Advanced

Andy Tries to Pull a Fast One

Post by pbowers »

Oh, yeah, sure, *I* do all the work and then *you* take all the credit... :D

Odd, I just replied to a similar matter on a CSS list, and something like I proposed exists at http://www.browsercam.com but I don't think it can capture/replay the action of the on-screen behaviour. They menus might *look* fine in a static screencap, but how do they *work*?

Plus, it's pricey at $40US/mo for "unlimited" use.

Paul
Opera
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Opera »

Could designing the menu to work correctly in the first place be a good place to start? I sure think so and many would agree.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

It seems that you have posted twice only on checking the posts, both of which are nasty, snide implications that somehow you are being put upon and ignored. Yet, there is NOT one post with a question about the problem [unless you use another name to post] to see if someone can give you answers as to why it is happening. Perhaps, and this is just a thought in passing, since I have opera 6.05 and the menus I've checked seem to work alright, so perhaps it's something in the way you are coding it, or some other script you have on the page in conflict? A link to see what the problem is, and some of us have opera and could check it, would be real helpful. Being rude and nasty doesn't seem the way to get help. It tends to make those responding take the same road. I've found this forum helpful in everything I've asked and am very happy with the assistance provided.

Ruth
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

I can't find fault with anything relating to Milonic and would feel extremely ungrateful and selfish if I did.

The menu system is free. Yes, there may be minor problems, but thanks to some fantastic people on this forum, particularly Jgillet and Hergio, they are getting sorted quickly.

And they are MINOR. It's not as if the menu system doesn't work with Opera at all.

If you want to use another menu, we certainly aren't stopping you.
Andy Davis
Web Designer & Smartboard Manager

Fred Longworth High School, Manchester, England.
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

*sniff* *sniff* Gee, thanks guys... :oops: :roll: Take a bow John! hehe
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."