I had a dream

A forum for, well, anything really.
Gripes, moans, ideas or just general chit chat. EXCEPT SPAM!!! - Don't just register to post here - IT WILL GET DELETED!!!
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

I had a dream

Post by Maz »

But now I'll need a volunteer to create a random image map for non-profit site.

I don't know anything about image maps.

maz
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Very easy, you shouldnt have trouble figuring them out. Do a search on google and you will find exactly how to do them. Believe me, they aren't difficult....especially if you have a WYSIWYG editor, but you dont need one.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

I found an online tool, looks simple enough, I image I could also plot using screen ruler. All I need to do is plot the location and place a menu image on top of the image. I'm decorating a Christmas tree. :D

maz
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Yeah that should be easy enough. Take a look at the HTML code it generates you will see its not all that crazy. Basically all it is is an image with a little attribute that says "use a particular map". Then somewhere in your code you create an HTML map tag that you specify shapes in. These shapes can be square/rectangle, circle/oval, or an arbitrary polygon and you just specify the coordinates of the shapes...and they correspond to the coordinates over top the image. And you just give each shape a URL, its really quite simple. Good luck!!!!
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."