What if javascript is off?

A forum for, well, anything really.
Gripes, moans, ideas or just general chit chat. EXCEPT SPAM!!! - Don't just register to post here - IT WILL GET DELETED!!!
jgold723
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

What if javascript is off?

Post by jgold723 »

I love this menu.

But what happens if a view has their security settings set so high that javascript is off?

Is there a way to get a non-javascript dependent menu to appear in this case?

Thanks,

John
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

This menu is totally javascript, so if the user has javascript turned off, it cant really put in a back up menu in place because it would need javascript to do that. Its up to you to put in place a way to cover for that, basically put in <NOSCRIPT> tags into your page and between those put some HTML that would perform the basic operations of a menu in case the Milonic DHTML is not allowed to load.
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Take a look at the home page on our website http://milonic.com/

There is a HTML table based menu inside <NOSCRIPT> tags that is ideal for users with JavaSccript swithed off.

Google likes this table based menu too so if you want good SEO you'll need a secondary <NOSCRIPT> menu.

Cheers
Andy
Last edited by Andy on Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgold723
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by jgold723 »

Just the answer I was looking for! Thanks.

John
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

I simply copied the main menu design and placed and css menu underneath, so you can't tell the difference. The css menu also links to a site map for all links. Its still under development, but you can take a look at the -www- link below. The menu at the bottom of the page is identical to the menu under the javascript menu, so I don't have to turn off javascript to see it.
-maz