Really off topic

A forum for, well, anything really.
Gripes, moans, ideas or just general chit chat. EXCEPT SPAM!!! - Don't just register to post here - IT WILL GET DELETED!!!
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Really off topic

Post by Ruth »

Ok, this is really off the topic of milonic, but I really do need help. I went and got Firebird to try it...wow trying something new :) Anyway, I like it except I cannot get it to play sound with the player I now have which worked in NN 6, 7, Opera 6, 7 and IE...windows media player. [I did try for help there, but no go....almost all help was go get quicktime] So, I tried a bunch of things which utlimately messed up sound for everything else [except ie] ...that's ok I don't use them for web browsing only for testing pages, but there has to be a way to get the darn thing to use the wmp. I did go to the options and mime thing and tried putting in the mime type and choosing the player and it still will not use it, on a webpage it only tries to send me to Netscape to download quicktime. Supposedly according to the faqs for FB it sets up for wmp 7.1 and later well that's what i have. Anyway, can anyone tell me anything else I could do? I did go and check the boxes in wmp so it was the player for all the file types. I'd appreciate any help or suggestions
Ruth