The Weak Dollar

A forum for, well, anything really.
Gripes, moans, ideas or just general chit chat. EXCEPT SPAM!!! - Don't just register to post here - IT WILL GET DELETED!!!
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

The Weak Dollar

Post by Andy »

Jeez Guys, what's happened to the Dollar?

We are now getting over 2 Dollars to the Pound. That's actually bad for us cuz the menu price is in Sterling, this means it's now over $50.00

Sorry guys but if there was anything I could do, you know I'd do it. Maybe I need to move over there, we could sell the menu at a better price then.

Anyone got any spare offices :?: ;) :D

Cheers
Andy
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

It's definitely gotten pretty crappy. This morning they said that plastic surpassed the use of real money for the first time ever.

There's plenty of office space here. You wouldn't have to worry about those messy Brit taxes, either.
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

There's a lot contributing to the weak dollar right now and the treasury is trying to do a balancing act. They need to raise interest rates, but since the economy is just now getting stable from everything they don't want to send it back into a downturn.

On the other hand, the weak dollar is good for company earnings here from sales/exports. Personally, I think they should raise the rates another 1/4 point, but I also know they have to walk a fine line. That would hit housing and the housing market is into the winter season, meaning construction is already down, so if they raise the rates now it will slow it more and when it slows a LOT of other industries are affected by that, lumber, furnishings, appliances, hardware, paint etc.

Ruth