In need of a tricky Print link

A forum for, well, anything really.
Gripes, moans, ideas or just general chit chat. EXCEPT SPAM!!! - Don't just register to post here - IT WILL GET DELETED!!!
mdennison
Beginner
Beginner

In need of a tricky Print link

Post by mdennison »

Hello All,
I am creating a tabbed menu,with the help of Milonic of course, inorder to provide a notebook appearence. Each tab will have links listed under them that open MS Word files. That's the easy part. The hard part: I need to add a print link that would send all the MS word files on one tab to the printer just by clicking the print link once. If anyone has an idea or knows of a helpful site that would make my day.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Is this a Milonic 'submenu' from the tab?

Ruth
mdennison
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mdennison »

Yes it is. I just found out that what I want to do can't be done becuase a web browser dosn'e have enough tools in it to acomplish this. A web browser can't spool print jobs that way. I don't know, I guess I learned something new :roll:
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

This may be totally something from left field...especially since I have no idea about printing, printspools and such. However,
mdennison wrote:The hard part: I need to add a print link that would send all the MS word files on one tab to the printer just by clicking the print link once.
if I'm reading this correctly, what you want to happen is to click a link and have all the files that could be opened from a particular submenu printed. If that is correct, have you thought about actually putting all the files from each submenu into one 'print' file and having that file printed from a link? I think the file might have to be open to print, but I don't know. Perhaps it would be just an added option for anyone who wanted to print all the files instead of one or two of the documents.

Ruth