Display menu buttons based on user's profile

A forum for, well, anything really.
Gripes, moans, ideas or just general chit chat. EXCEPT SPAM!!! - Don't just register to post here - IT WILL GET DELETED!!!
limnetic
Beginner
Beginner

Display menu buttons based on user's profile

Post by limnetic »

I have an urgent requirement to build a page where only certain buttons will be visable based on an individual user's profile. This will be in a single signon environment so the user will not physically log into the site.

Example: Pat S. will link to this page and will only see the buttons that Pat S. is allowed to view. Pat S. will not be aware of the existance of the other buttons and therefore not know about the other possibilities.

Does anyone know if the above can be accomplished?

Elsewhere on the same page, some data, from an Oracle database will be displayed. Not based on button selection.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

You can do that with the Milonic menu. I know other people have done it. Some use cookies, some js but unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge to tell you how to set that up.

If you do a search on the support forum for version 5, probably under something like cookies you might find some posts on how to do that.

Ruth
wpatters1229
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Re: Display menu buttons based on user's profile

Post by wpatters1229 »

I know if you are using cold fusion you could have an index link to a table full of menu_data.js files for a login user to pull a menu data file when you are logged in and set a cookie at the same time. If the cookie was set to not expire and they did not delete it the next time they went to the site it would show the same menu. Probable can do this with asp and any other dynamic based code. I just have used cold fusion to actually build menus on the fly using graphics and it works just fine.