Release Candidate Info

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Release Candidate Info

Post by bobwill »

How about having an item on the main Milonic menu that provides information about the latest Release Candidate (RC) level that is available. Also have a link for both licensed and unlicensed users to download the appropriate files. (mmenudom.js and mmenus4.js, milonic_src.js). Data file not needed.

I can never easily find out what the RC number is. I ready many problem reports that tell people to get the latest RC number to fix their problem. However, they never tell them how to do that.

If you already have this capability available then please let me know where it is located.

Thanks
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

RC info is not kept up to date because it changes so quickly. When I have details I do post them, but it's usually not possible to keep up.

I do post a note when a new RC (e.g., 13 to 14) is released.

When we reach final Andy will again start the detailed fix list, similar to the one that is still there for v3.

You get an RC by just downloading it. Check the RC number AND the Built date in the code comments. Note that a Built date can change while the RC number remains the same.

As for licensed and unlicensed, the system determines that automatically and sends the proper files.
John
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

RC15's just gone up to fix a Netscape6/7 bug.

Cheers
Andy
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Andy wrote:RC15's just gone up to fix a Netscape6/7 bug.
And you call that "later in the week" :?:
John
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

I simply couldn't let that Netscape problem go for another second longer it was a show-stopper.

Ya gotta do what ya do :D

Only another 85 emails to go now and I'm back on track.

-- Andy
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Andy wrote:I simply couldn't let that Netscape problem go for another second longer it was a show-stopper.
Most appreciated, I'm sure.
Andy wrote:Only another 85 emails to go now and I'm back on track.
Peanuts - 1/2 hour, 45 minutes tops... :roll:
John
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

I guess I did not make my self clear. Where do you Post that a new RC is available? Not asking for details on what took place from RC to RC, just when they are available.
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

I post them in Development & Bugs. They are always 'sticky', so they'll be at the top of the list.

Sorry for the confusion.
John
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

This is a very fast developing program! I took a half day yesterday and have come back to find my last download already out of date!
Andy Davis
Web Designer & Smartboard Manager

Fred Longworth High School, Manchester, England.
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

There has to be a method to Andy's madness, keeping us on our toes, either that or we are all getting gray hair :lol:
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

maz wrote:There has to be a method to Andy's madness, keeping us on our toes, either that or we are all getting gray hair :lol:
Keeping me on my toes is tough due to too much Breyers, and I've already got too much gray hair, thank you. ;)

As to Andy's madness, to that I can fully attest. He's definitely gone over the edge. But Marty was there to pull him back, and he's off shootin' the rest of the bugs for the oh-so-close final release.

Where else can you find the kind of dedication and support we get from this man? He cares about his customers, an all-too-rare item these days. :D
John