Can't get border to work

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Croft Storm
Beginner
Beginner

Can't get border to work

Post by Croft Storm »

I've just updated to v.5 and I can't get the border to work. I just wan't a 1px white border but I've tried everything but no luck.
Last edited by Croft Storm on Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

You've got this in your menu_data.js file

Code: Select all

bordercolor="#000000";
offborder="1pxsolid#FFFFFF";
onborder="1pxsolid#FFFFFF";
high3dcolor="#FFFFFF";
borderstyle="solid";
borderwidth="1";
Change the bordercolor="#000000"; to bordercolor="#FFFFFF"; and since that will make the border white whether the mouse in on or off position and since you have the borderstyle listed and the borderwidth, you can eliminate the onborder and offborder I believe. Also, in your item section you seem to have 'site' listed twice and to have extra semi-colons and more border color which doesn't seem to match what you have in the styles definitions.

Code: Select all

aI("text=Site;showmenu=Site;;onbordercolor=316AC5;offbordercolor=FFFFFF;")
aI("text=Site;showmenu=Site;;onbordercolor=316AC5;offbordercolor=FFFFFF;")aI("text=Interest;showmenu=Interest;;onbordercolor=316AC5;offbordercolor=FFFFFF;")
Ruth
Croft Storm
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Croft Storm »

:oops: Something so simple, thanks. I realise that there's 2 'sites', I've got a few more things to add so I've left it for now.

There is one more question i've got though, at the moment the border just surrounds the entire menu, how do I get it to surround each individual cell?
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Well, you put in a separator bar at 1px and with color of #FFFFFF that puts a line between each menu item. One other thing, I'm not sure on other browsers but in IE5.0 with the itemwidth set to 100 that menu goes off the screen on the right of the browser. I think what it's doing is reading each separate section of the border, each item as being 100px in width.

Ruth
Croft Storm
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Croft Storm »

cheers all, its working :D