Free Licenses

A forum for topics relating to the Milonic Solutions Website, Milonic products, polls and anything else relating to Milonic.
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by fredlongworthhighschool »

Blame the US's weak Dollar, not Milonic.

Besides, it's about time us Brits had things cheaper than the US. Using the exchange rate of 1.8, we currently pay the following:

Cigarettes: $8.10 per packet of 20
Petrol: $1.35 per litre ($7.43 per gallon?)
Big Mac: $3.58
Recent release DVD: $35.98
Entry-Level stand alone DVD recorder: $538.20
Andy Davis
Web Designer & Smartboard Manager

Fred Longworth High School, Manchester, England.
Silverion
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Silverion »

ah, ok thx i get it. and I do see the hard work that was put into it. dhtml is kinda hard to write, and for a whole menu ssytem to be written around it is hard work...

gas in the U.S. is $1.20-$1.35 depending on where you go
Big Mac is $1.50 or so
Recent release DVD - $20 or so.
crappy computer - $475
milonic administration fee - $10 (lol!)

sry ppl, just seemed wierd at first.... man britz have a wierd monetary system!
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

::giggle:: they have a weird measuring system, too...Wonder what you'd call a ten gallon hat, a foot stool? Would one pcentimeter a baby's rosy cheek? :P :lol:

Ruth
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

innkeeper9 wrote:
::giggle:: they have a weird measuring system, too...Wonder what you'd call a ten gallon hat, a foot stool? Would one pcentimeter a baby's rosy cheek? :P :lol:

Ruth
We're too sensible to wear ten gallon hats!
Andy Davis

John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

fredlongworthhighschool wrote:We're too sensible to wear ten gallon hats!
Speaking for yourself, of course, fella... :D
John
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

It's certainly not speaking for me, I'm not at all :lol:

-- Andy
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Andy wrote:It's certainly not speaking for me, I'm not at all :lol:

-- Andy
Umm - not at all sensible...?
John
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Exactly my point - Can't even finish my sentences :P

Cheers
Andy
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Andy wrote:Exactly my point - Can't even finish my sentences :P

Cheers
Andy
So why should you be any different from the rest of... us? :roll:
John
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

fredlongworthhighschool wrote:...Petrol: $1.35 per litre ($7.43 per gallon?)...
Holy markup batman! Better start filling up those 10-gallon hats... oh wait, you don't have those!
inkeeper9 wrote:Would one pcentimeter a baby's rosy cheek?
Good one Ruth! ROTFLMAO.

--Kevin
Hergio
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Hergio »

Where the hell are you payin 1.20 - 1.35 per gallon of gas?!?! I am paying 1.75 right now in the Northeast (Western New York)! Whoa!
Dave Hergert
Software Engineer
"Helping to make the menu better, one :?: at a time."
fredlongworthhighschool
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

$1.75 per gallon? We are certainly being fleeced when we pay almost the same per litre!

Our petrol is so expensive because 80% of it is goverment tax. To add insult to injury they tax the fuel and then add VAT (sales tax) to that, so we pay tax on tax!
Andy Davis

John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

$1.43 here about a week ago. Now $1.54. Simply BS by the oil companies. You can't convince me that because the price of crude oil that hasn't even left port yet was raised, it should immediately affect the price of gas that is already here and in the tanks at the stations.
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

If they aren't careful here in the states we will be doing the same thing so the politicians can reach more deeply into our pockets for their little 'projects' - why should our fed level pay for some tourist attraction in a city? As to the cost by the oil companies.....get the government control of every little thing which adds to the cost and make it a really free market and I bet the cost would come down.....competition is the way to keep prices down! [just for info, the profit margin of most oil companies, and yes there will be the exceptions, is 6=8%...not a real big is it? Personally, I'm pushing for the alternative fuels.....it may take awhile but they are on the way!!!! competition, competition
Googolplex
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by Googolplex »

$1.75 pr. litre ? well, I only pay$1.25 pr. litre. Perhaps that's why we also have a 200% tax on cars ?
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Last week mine was $1.98/gal. This morning $1.96, and this afternoon $1.94 at the same station. At least it's headed in the right direction.
John
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

Sounds like a real bargain, have you seen the prices on software lately. 8O

maz
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

maz wrote:Sounds like a real bargain, have you seen the prices on software lately. 8O
Afraid to look :!: Couple things I need - er, want, but I'd rather not start crying... :cry:
John
mfurf
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

How to figure my current status

Post by mfurf »

I've got two questions,

First, I've been off the board since last September and when I just came back to see how you all are [after being jogged by Milonic's anti-spam email], I see we have just gone from Version 5.11 to 5.12. Yet when I look at my downloaded version from last September the Version reads:
Version 5.0 Release Candidate 11.0 Built: Monday September 22 2003 - 14:57
So I must have missed some new numbering system since I can see the version [5] and update sequencing and dates on Milonic's site. What happened?

And if I want to update my version, I just have to what, overwrite the src.js file or both that and the mmenudom.js file too?

Second, although my ministry is non-profit, I still paid for the license and can't understand the walking-on-eggshells because in a world where pricing is often what the market will bear, I am motivated to support those who underprice the product for the sake of helping those who don't have the big bucks. And in my humble opinion the pro license is underpriced [it's worth so much more than is being asked].

Don't we realize it is to our advantage that Milonic be supported and paid what the product is worth so that the updates can continue to come forth and the company prosper? IF MILONIC PROSPERS, WE ALL WIN.

Hey, I just talked myself into renewing my license so I am going to buy another license just to put my money where my :lol: mouth is. What the heck, forty four dollars [or whatever] is a small price to pay for what one gets. Were it up to me, every update cut would be emailed to all Milonic users with the option of buying it for five dollars or passing it up. There I got that off my chest! /mfurf
Oh Saratoga!
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

^5, I'm with you. I absolutely love this menu. I could have obtained it free for my personal site but it is so good I bought it, also. Now as to the version. Nothing changed as to numbering except that whoo hoo the final release came out in January. So the numbers before were the developing and working out the major bugs release candidates, ie rc and now we have the final, which of course is not really final because new things get added and subtle unknown seldom happen bugs get found and fixed. So, to update, you just go the main site, log in and click the download. Read the docs, I believe there were some changes from rc 11, gosh that must have been a hundred or so back from now. :)
As to the buying of updates, hmmm, well , you'd have to think of the overhead cost and work to Milonic with that, as it is I believe the small admin fee for a free license is around 10 or so dollars and that's just to cover cost of paperwork.