Any way to have the menu look like Buttons?

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
kelemvor
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Any way to have the menu look like Buttons?

Post by kelemvor »

I had a request to make the menu look something like this site has:
http://www.epronar.com/AssociationManagement

I realize that this menu doesn't have any sub menus at all but is there any way to somehow use a background image or something to make the Milonic menu looks like actual buttons at all?

Just wondering since I didn't see it in the examples I looked at.

Thanks.
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Try sample 18.

Kevin
kelemvor
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by kelemvor »

Is there a sample of that in Vertical mode?
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

No, but you could download the sample and change orientation="horizontal" to orientation="vertical" in the main menu. Also, you'll note that the submenus are in a vertical orientation.

The upshot is that the answer to your question is "yes." You can create your own images... buttons or whatever... and use them in the menu, complete with rollover effects.

Hope that helps,

Kevin
kelemvor
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by kelemvor »

Actually I like the idea of having the Picture as a Background as in the previous sample to that one. But is there a way to have the picture be the background for each menu item individually?

Meaning if I have a picture that is a long oval that I want the menu words to appear on top of, can I do that? It would save me from having to create a whole ton of buttons.... heh.
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

kelemvor wrote:Actually I like the idea of having the Picture as a Background as in the previous sample to that one...
I'm not sure which sample you mean.
But is there a way to have the picture be the background for each menu item individually?...
Have alook at Sample 20; it shows exactly that, using the bgimage and overbgimage properties.

Kevin