Header Code Stop Working

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Header Code Stop Working

Post by bobwill »

The following line of code is no longer being recognized. Changed between from V 3.25 to 3.1. The "headerbgcolor" is not being recognized.

aI("text=;type=header;itemheight=2;headerbgcolor=gold;");
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I'm not sure what version you mean? 5.31? I just tested it in both horizontal and vertical. It doesn't work as you posted, to have a header it requires something in the item, so try a non-breaking line space. That brought it back. However, that also caused the header item to be the same height as the other items. The only way I could get it to accept the 2 as height was to insert a transparent1x1.gif image

Code: Select all

aI("image=transparent1x1.gif;type=header;itemheight=2;headerbgcolor=gold;");
Hope that helps

Ruth
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

I can't read or type.

It works as written under Version 5.25 but not under 5.31a....

Also, ruth on June 18, this is what you told me to do.

Yes, headerbgcolor is both a global and item property, so you can specify it in the item. The same is true of headercolor, though without text you dont need that.

Code:

aI("text=;type=header;itemheight=2;headerbgcolor=#f0f0f0;");

This would allow the globally defined headerbgcolor to apply to other headers and this one to have whatever you specify in that item.

Ruth
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

You can't read or type, and I can't formulate correct expressions of what I meant to say! What I meant with the 'as you posted' was your statement is correct, it doesn't work. So, let's try this again. It seems now that to have the properties work something has to be put into the aI string. Because you are making it 2px in height, you would need an image, something like a 1x1 transparent gif because if you put in a non-breaking line space it makes that item the same height as all the other items and though I put itemheight=2 when trying the non-breaking line space, that did not work.

As to the headerbgcolor and headercolor, they are both global and item properties still, but it seems that in 5.31 and 5.31a for them to apply something must be in the aI string, some text or a non-breaking space or an image.

Sorry, for the confusion. I think half my brain has gone on 4th of July vacation and the other half was asleep ;)

Ruth
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

I understand what you are saying, but don't you think that what ever took place between V 5.25 and V5.31a needs to be fixed, rather than me having to work around the issue.

The problem was created by the change in Versions, not in my code.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,
I don't know, because I don't know anything about programming and the various ramifications of different functions. I will mention this thread to Andy so he can look at it.

Ruth
Maz
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by Maz »

When I couldn't get it to work I used offbgcolor in menu item.

maz
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

Fixing other bugs has forced this code out of action.

Does this not work?

aI("separatorheight=2;separatorcolor=gold;");

Cheers
Andy
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

Andy,
I updated to 5.32 and the line of code you suggested "aI("separatorheight=2;separatorcolor=gold;");" does not work either.

Went back to V 5.25 and my original lineof code. Works fine.

Your line of code will not work with V 5.25 either.

Any other suggestions??
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Bob,

I'm not sure if Andy really meant that code snippet as a complete example, so much as he meant somethink like, "have you tried using the separatorsize and separatorcolor properties in your existing menu items?"

In other words, you could probably get rid of the blank headers that you're essentially using for separators, and modify te separator properties of specific menu items to achieve the same effect. For example, you have a "header/separator" before the "Rapid City 2005" item in the "series" menu. Try getting rid of that, and then modify the separator in the "Highlights & Notes" item. So, change:

aI("text=Highlights & Notes;url=/2003/notes.htm;status=Game Highlights;separatorsize=1;");
to

aI("text=Highlights & Notes;url=/2003/notes.htm;status=Game Highlights;separatorsize=3;separatorcolor=gold;");
(all on one line)

See if that gives the effect you're after.

Cheers,

Kevin
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Bob,
I can't remember if I mentioned it elsewhere, so I thought I'd post it here for you. You have borderstyle="raised"; in the date file. There is no such borderstyle. There is ridge, which gives it a raised look.

Ruth
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

Kevin and Ruth,

Thanks for the help. Did as you suggested Kevin. Got the effect I want.

Ruth made change to border style. Never got an error using "raised". I do not see any difference in the menu when I changed to "ridge". Anyway I am now using V 5.32 and things are OK for now.

Thanks again. :D
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Bob,
As far as I know it won't throw an error, it's just not a css style. I'm not sure what happens when that occurs, maybe css defaults to solid? As for ridge not showing, it's a strange style, usually it won't show much difference at a borderwidth of 1px or if the color of the border is much like the color of the item it surrounds and things like the high/low 3d affect how ridge displays.

Ruth