Calling users of IE 5.5 - PLZ!

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
tepidarium
Mega User
Mega User

Calling users of IE 5.5 - PLZ!

Post by tepidarium »

Hi,

I really, really need someone with IE 5.5 to visit my test page. I don't have a "real" install of 5.5 on my system. I am running IE 6. I have a "non integrated copy of ie 5.5 running. When I go to my test page, my milonic pop up menus will not display. I get the error message "Library not registered."

I think this is because of my non-integrated ie 5.5 because when I go to Milonic's home page I get the same error message and the sub menus will not display.

So please, if you have IS 5.5 please go to:

http://www.citytech.cuny.edu/proj/indextest2.shtml

and tell me if you see the menus!

Thank you!!!!!!
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

How 'bout some help here, folks. I don't have 5.5 installed.

Thanks...
John
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

I have not a clue what's going on, but I get the following with IE5.5

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:27:45 GMT MicrosoftOfficeWebServer: 5.0_Pub Connection: close Content-Type: text/html 
404 Object Not Found
HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0 Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:27:45 GMT MicrosoftOfficeWebServer: 5.0_Pub Connection: close Content-Type: text/html 
404 Object Not Found
404 Object Not Found
You Are Here: Home 

THERE'S A PICTURE HERE AND SCOLLING BELOW IT THEN THE FOLLOWING CONTINUES DOWN THE PAGE

check it out! →
Academic Programs 
e-SIMS / Schedule of Classes 
Info for Prospective Students - Coming soon 
Additional Resources for
Faculty, Staff & Students 
News & Events
404 Object Not Found
More News & Events →
Contact Us →
General Questions: 
[code]connect@citytech.cuny.edu 
Phone Directory

404 Object Not Found[/code]
tepidarium
Mega User
Mega User

Post by tepidarium »

Hi John, Ruth,

Sorry for the confusion. I posted the material.

Ruth, if you still have IE 5.5, just go to http://www.citytech.cuny.edu

This is the website that is now using the pop-up menu version of milonic menus. I wouldjust like to ehar if they show up wtih IE 5.5 - i'm pretty confident that they do.

Thank you!
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Tep,
Well, if they are supposed to just look like the light blue drop down menus of Milonic then they work in IE5.5.

Ruth
tepidarium
Mega User
Mega User

Post by tepidarium »

Thanks Ruth for going to the trouble of checking this out! :D :D
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Re: Calling users of IE 5.5 - PLZ!

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi tepidarium,
tepidarium wrote:...I have a "non integrated copy of ie 5.5 running. When I go to my test page, my milonic pop up menus will not display. I get the error message "Library not registered."
Just FYI:

I've seen the same thing. Like you, I use IE6, but have stand-alone installations of IE4, IE5, and IE5.5 on the same machine, for testing. You get the error because you are using overfilter and/or outfilter, but the stand-alone installation of IE5.5 doesn't have the libraries for rendering those effects properly registered. I have looked for a solution to that (so that the filters can be used in IE6 and IE5.5 on the same machine), but I have yet to find one. I have started messing with variations on the stand-alone IE5.5 installation to find a workaround, but no success so far. On the bright side, if you temporarily disable your overfilter and outfilter, the error goes away and you can test in your stand-alone IE5.5. Also, as Ruth has verified, the error does not usually occur for people whose main browser is a full installation of IE5.5.

Cheers,

Kevin