how to make vertical menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
jbreslow
Advanced
Advanced

how to make vertical menu

Post by jbreslow »

Hi

I'll do the best I can to try and explaing what I'm looking for. I was wondering if there was any way to make the sub-menu options open inline with the rest of the main menu options and the main menu options get pushed down. For instance...

<!--- menu with no sub-menu options --->
MENU OPTION 1
MENU OPTION 2
MENU OPTION 3
MENU OPTION 4

<!--- menu with sub-menu 2 options showing --->
MENU OPTION 1
MENU OPTION 2
- menu 2 option 1
- menu 2 option 2
- menu 2 option 3
MENU OPTION 3
MENU OPTION 4

Thanks
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

It's called a tree menu and there is one in development and available to try.

http://milonic.com/treemenu/

There are two types there, Collapsible and Treemenu. If you click on their name it will show a demo, and you can then download the file. Make sure you also download the newest treemenu.js file on that page.

Ruth
jbreslow
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jbreslow »

Oh, that is a beautiful thing!!! Thanks Ruth.

Josh
jbreslow
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jbreslow »

Do you happen to know how I can download this without the Milonic link? I am a licensed user.

TIA,
Josh
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

There shouldn't be a forced milonic link if you use your milonic program files: milonic_src.js, mmenudom.js mmenuns4.js

I think I'm going nuts, but I thought there was a post about putting this in a table....

So, I'll answer it, and if you needed it you will know. Remember that it expands the cell it is in, so let's say you have a table of 2 columns and 3 rows, if you put the menu in the top row, the left column, when you expand the menu, it will expand that cell and the right column of that row will expand and leave white space.

Though the menu is a 'vertical' menu I've actually found a way to make it horizontal, but I have no clue if it works on Macs or on anything but a pc with IE5.5

If you have a layout in mind, I'd be glad to experiment a bit.

Ruth