Centering Menu in browser

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
mcooledge
Beginner
Beginner

Centering Menu in browser

Post by mcooledge »

I am revising my web site and i want to center my menus on the top of the page.
I have used the following CSS code to make the page center on any browser but the menu is bing place on the left by what ever i want it to be. I would like it to be centered even when the user resizes their browser.

Code: Select all

#wrapper{
		width: 760px;
		margin: 35px auto 0 auto;
		text-align: left;
	}
this "div" wraps the whole page

Code: Select all

<div id="wrapper">
I believe that i can do it if i make a table at the top of the page, but would like not to go that route.

I also would like the menu to stay at the top of the page. I know it can be done but i cannot make the instructions on how to do this work. This one iI am still trying to figure out, a small clue would be much grateful.

Thanks
Mark
mcooledge
Beginner
Beginner

Post by mcooledge »

I found part of my question on Menu centering on this page.
http://support.milonic.com/beginners/ta ... /index.htm

I am still trying to figure out the menu to stay and the page scroll.

Thanks
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Are you saying you want the menu to stay at the top always visible when you scroll down the page? If so you need to set the followscroll parameter. That way the menu will 'follow', that is always be visible when the page is scrolled. I would really need to see your page to figure out a more indepth answer based on where you want the menu to be before the page starts scrolling.

Ruth