Horizontal and Vertical in same time possible ?

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Cista
Advanced
Advanced

Horizontal and Vertical in same time possible ?

Post by Cista »

Hello,

I have to do a menu like this. I have a vertical menu with (for example) 4 items, ItemA, ItemB, ItemC and ItemD. When I click on an item, for example, on ItemA, I see in the vertical menu : ItemA, SubItemA1,SubItemA2, ItemB, ItemC and ItemD.

That, I think it's ok.

But ....

for each subitems, I need an horizontal menu, this menu appear in front of the subitem (vertical) selected and the hozirontal menu has subitem too, horizontal. The content the horizontal menu (item and subitem) depend of the vertical subitem selected.

Is it possible to do that ?

Bye
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi Cista,

When defining any menu, the 12th parameter in the menu array (where the menu name is the first parameter) determines whether the menu will be horizontal or vertical; set it to 1 for horizintal, set it to 0 or leave it unset (which is what most people do) for vertical. For example, the following code would produce a vertical menu with two items:

Code: Select all

addmenu(menu=["menu_name",,,100,2,"",style_name,,"left",effect_name,,,,,,,,,,,,
  ,"item1","url1.htm",,,1
  ,"item2","url2.htm",,,1
])
In the above code, the 12th parameter is not set. Setting it to 1, as shown below, would yield a horizontal menu with two items.

Code: Select all

addmenu(menu=["menu_name",,,100,2,"",style_name,,"left",effect_name,,1,,,,,,,,,,
  ,"item1","url1.htm",,,1
  ,"item2","url2.htm",,,1
])
Hope that helps,

Kevin
Cista
Advanced
Advanced

Horizontal and Vertical in same time possible

Post by Cista »

Imagine a vertical menu with 4 main items. I'd lik when I click on the first item for example, see the subitem just under the parent item, same horizontal position and under the subitems the others main item.

Possible?
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

So, if I understand you correctly, you essentially want the top level menu to expand vertically. I am certainly not the final authority, but I don't believe the menu system is designed with this functionality in mind.

Kevin