submenu item show up in wrong location

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Re: submenu item show up in wrong location

Post by Andy »

What do you mean by set focus? I have not seen this issue, do you have a site we can troubleshoot?
Thanks,
Yadin
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

i guess he means the same thing i posted in "Show menu on link", atm i have no page available to troubleshoot, sorry.

greets,
patrick
yadin
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

submenu item show up in wrong location

Post by yadin »

When I mouseover a menu item that has a submenu, normally the submenu open correctly to the right. This does not happen when you set focus on the submenu. The submenu open in teh top left corner of the page

If I mouseover the menu first it works correctly from then on. Why does it not work correctly on the first time?

Post by Guest »

Let me explain further.

I am using a Tabular Data Control to populate the menu names. When I use an arrow key to show the sub menu, the menu pops up at the top left corner of the start of the menu location. If I mouse over the menu first then use the arrow keys the menu displays correctly.

What is happening is the menu location variable is not set until you mouse over the menu one time. I wrote to Andy about this and he gave me a couple of thing to try but so far nothing I have tried has worked.

I can't show youa web page because these pages are on our internal network.

One thing I need to add, I have added code to the menu to use the arrow keys to navigate the menus. Our web pages must be accessable for the handicapped os the arrow keys must work similar to the arrow keys in a standard Microsoft application.

--Mikey