Menu Position

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Menu Position

Post by bobwill »

The horizontal menu that I have placed moves when viewed in different browsers. It stays in place, below the banner on the page when viewed with Netscape and Opera, but when viewed with IE it moves up and covers part of the banner. You can see this at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/nationalsite/

What should I do to fix this?? :cry:
trytrix
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by trytrix »

Hi Bobwell,

I'm using IE 6.0 and Windows 2000 PRO.
Except for a long blue bar, I didn't see any menu items.. !!!!

Scrolled a bit through your menu_array.js file and..

Code: Select all

addmenu(menu=[		
"mainmenu",
1,		// Scrollable Menu
,"Coaches Corner  ","show-menu=coaches",,"Information & Forms",2
,"Scholarships/Awards  ","show-menu=awards",,"Available Scholarships",2
,"Department Info.  ","show-menu=dept",,"State Info.",2
....etc.

addmenu(menu=[
"games",
,"Media Links","show-menu=canadanews",,,1
Scrollabble Menu is set to 1 ! Removed it and believe it or not your menus were showing up !
All the "show-menu=" items in the code above aren't defined in your Menu_array.js file !!

Have a look at your code...

Cheers,
Trytrix

( Hit me at http://www.ransbecca.be )
You're Never Fully Dressed Without A :D Smile !

"From Image Flanders, one of Europe's most dynamic regions" - Visit : http://www.toerismevlaanderen.be
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

I guess I did not explain myself very well. I am talking about the vertical position of the menu on the main page. When I open he page in IE the vertical position of the menu moves towards the top and into the bottom edge of the banner about 1/4 inch. In Netscape and Opera the vertical position stays below the banner.
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

Hi,

I don't know that the absolute menu position is actually changing. I'm viewing your menu in IE6.0, and it's located exactly where the code in your menu_array.js file places it: left = 7, top = 106. I wonder if it's more a problem of where different browsers are placing your top banner. Are NS and Opera perhaps placing it higher than IE? Maybe the top margin is smaller in NS and Opera? You could try setting a specific top margin for the page in the <BODY> tag.

On another note: I think what trytrix was suggesting is to tighthen up the code, then look for explanations for odd behaviors, if in fact any remain. For example, who knows what side-effect there may be of the menu system looking for a submenu to show when one hasn't been defined?

Hope that helps,

Kevin
bobwill
Mega Advanced
Mega Advanced

Post by bobwill »

:P That was the problem with the top margin. I set it to zero and everything works as I think it should. I will get my code cleaned up. I think it was the top margin setting that was the problem.

Thanks for your help.
kevin3442
Milonic God
Milonic God

Post by kevin3442 »

You're welcome. Looks good in IE6.0 now!

Kevin