Way to hide menu till loaded?

Please note that official support for this menu version has now ceased. There are still plenty of users, though, and the forum is still running. Some of our long-time users may be able to help you out.
chris@fmews.demon.co.uk
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Way to hide menu till loaded?

Post by chris@fmews.demon.co.uk »

^bump
deckard97@mac.com
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Way to hide menu till loaded?

Post by deckard97@mac.com »

Hi,
I checked out your site in Netscape 4.72 and the menus don't load.

Just thought you should know.

Sean Duffy
jaybrowne@hotmail.com
Beginner
Beginner

Way to hide menu till loaded?

Post by jaybrowne@hotmail.com »

Is there a way to hide the menu until the page is loaded then show the menu? I tried adding a visibility attribute in the .js file where i thought the menus were getting created but it didnt seem to work.

http://www.dfseals.com is the site that is use the menu on. If you go there you will see what i'm talking about.. when the page loads the menu is in the top r-hand corner of the page then when the page is finished loading it moves to the correct spot.

I'd like to just have it not visible then in the page load event make the menus visible.

I'm placing the menu in a table cell. Don't know if that matters or not.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanx

Great code by the way..
oldskule

Menus

Post by oldskule »

I wish I knew the answer to what you were asking, but I don't. Still just wanted to say that the site looks good, even though the menus load the way they do. Good Job. :D
marty
Site Admin

Post by marty »

"even though the menus load the way they do" ??

All looks good to me :P
yadin
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by yadin »

There is a trick for this. When loading the menu in a table cell the menu is loaded a the default position in the array file and then snaps to the table cell last. The trick then is to set the top and left coordinates to negative numbers so the menu starts loading well off screen. The illusion is that the menu just appears in place instead of jumping since you can't see it in the original off page location.
Cheers!
Yadin