closeonclick

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
lightning
Beginner
Beginner

closeonclick

Post by lightning »

Hi

I have noticed that when you click a menu item on a menu that is not always visible (e.g. a submenu), the menu does not close. I would like the menu to close when an item is clicked, but so far haven't been able to achieve that behavior.

I have tried the closeonclick option at both the menu item and the menu levels, but that doesn't seem to work as expected.

I have even upgraded to version 5.747, but the behavior described persists.

This can be observed even in Milonic's own sample:
http://milonic.com/menusample11.php. When you choose to open a page on the iframe (so that the whole page doesn't get reloaded), you will observe that the menu stays visible until the mouse moves outside its area. I have reproduced this with both IE and FireFox on Windows.

I have seen several previous posts in this forum of people bringing up this topic, but no solution has been provided as far as I see.

Does anyone have some suggestions on how to achieve what I'm trying to?

Thanks.
Migru
Milonic Guru
Milonic Guru

Post by Migru »

Hi

What are the browsers you are using ? I know it was an issue with FF 1.02 but not with 1.5 !! And IE - never had this with IE 6.xx !??

Michael
lightning
Beginner
Beginner

Post by lightning »

I have reproduced the problem with IE 6 and FireFox 1.5 on Windows.
Andy
Milonic
Milonic

Post by Andy »

Hi,

The very latest version of the menu, released yesterday - Version 5.748 includes the following fix:

Added function to menu item mouse click to close menus onMouseCick by default

This should be exactly what you are looking for

Regards,
Andy