Database Menu on ColdFusion CFM Page

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
TSFM
Beginner
Beginner

Database Menu on ColdFusion CFM Page

Post by TSFM »

The data menu htm file states:-

The data is stored inside the 4 .csv files, import this into the appropriate table, set up the DSN, username and password and this file should start building menus from a SQL Server database using ASP.

That is no good to me, as I need to run it from a .CFM page.

Is there any solution?

Thanks
John
 Team
 Team

Post by John »

Not sure I understand the problem here. Build the DB and use CF in whatever way you need to access it. Remember to change the _data file suffix from .js to .cfm if you have any CF code in those statements.

Example - one of my menu items calls up some simple system info...

Code: Select all

with(milonic=new menuname("system")){	
	style=XPMenuStyle;
	borderwidth=1;
	orientation="vertical";
	aI("text=Browser: <cfoutput>#cgi.http_user_agent#</cfoutput>;image=/sai/graphics/xpblank.gif;");
	aI("text=Code Name: "+navigator.appCodeName+";image=/sai/graphics/xpblank.gif;");
	aI("text=Color Depth: "+screen.colorDepth+" bit;image=/sai/graphics/xpblank.gif;");
	aI("text=IP: <cfoutput>#cgi.remote_addr#</cfoutput>;image=/sai/graphics/xpblank.gif;");
	aI("text=Language: "+navigator.browserLanguage+";image=/sai/graphics/xpblank.gif;");
	aI("text=Platform: "+navigator.platform+";image=/sai/graphics/xpblank.gif;");
	aI("text=Screen Max: "+screen.availWidth+"  x  "+screen.availHeight+";image=/sai/graphics/xpblank.gif;");
	aI("text=Screen Resolution: "+screen.width+"  x  "+screen.height+";image=/sai/graphics/xpblank.gif;");
	}
So, my _data file is now xxx_data.cfm.

I know the above is not using a DB, but the idea is still the same.

HTH...
John