Tooltips

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: Tooltips

Post by Ruth »

You are very welcome. I really like helping so it's a gift to me having someone who needs it :)

Ruth
thewolfe
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by thewolfe »

Hi Ruth,

I'm the same way about helping. In fact, that's why I've created my website.

So I guess what you do for me I hope I can pass on through my site.

Until my next dilemma, :)

Doug
thewolfe
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by thewolfe »

Hi Ruth,

What now?.......Just a question.

Is there an easy way to copy and paste my Bible quiz question and answer with the "tooltip" active onto a separate page?

I thought I might start to accumulate my Bible quiz questions and answers on a page ("Bible Quiz") that I could get to from my main menu.

The page could be opened and then the question would be there with the tooltip "Answer" next to or under it.

This is certainly nothing to answer anytime soon. I think a cool down period is in order after our "marathon" we just finished.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Sure, it is easy to do. I made a page. The code is below. Just copy and paste it and save it as

page name:

Code: Select all

bible_quiz.htm
Also, I created a menu item to add to the menu array files. Not sure where you want it, but you can just copy and paste the code into whichever menu you want. Remember to do it in both array files

Menu Item code:

aI("text=Bible Quiz;url=bible_quiz.htm;");
web page code:

<html>

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 6.0">
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
<title>Bible Quiz - Test Your Knowledge</title>
<!--            NOTE: This is where I put the css class for the word ANSWERS which is what you mouse over to get the tip         -->

<style type="text/css">
.answers {font-family:Adelon, tahoma, verdana, san-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;font-style:italic;color:red;text-decoration:none;} 
</style>
</head>

<body bgcolor="#FFFFEA">
<font color="#0066CC">
<!--
    Milonic DHTML Website Navigation Menu Version 5.0+
    Copyright 2006 (c) Milonic Solutions Limited (UK). All Rights Reserved.
    Please visit http://milonic.com/ for more information.
          -->   

<!-- ***** This is the section of code you need to paste into your web pages ***** -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="milonic_src.js"></script>   
<script type="text/javascript" src="mmenudom.js"></script>

<noscript><a href="http://websites.milonic.com/milonic.com/>Milonic JavaScript Menu is only visible when JavaScript is enabled</a></noscript>

<!-- The next file contains your menu data, links and menu structure etc -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="2homepage_menu_array.js"></script>
<!--     NOTE: Here is where you place your tooltips file    -->
<script src="my_tooltips.js" type="text/javascript"></script>      
    <!-- **** End JavaScript Menu HTML Code --> 

</font>

<p align="center">&nbsp;</p>

<p align="center">&nbsp;</p>
<p align="left"><font size="4" color="#0066CC"><b>BIBLE QUIZ</b></font></p>
<p align="left"><b><font color="#0066CC" size="2" face="Arial Black">
		After what incident did God give man permission to eat meat?</font></b></p>
		<!--         NOTE: This is the word ANSWER with the coding for it so it pops up the tooltip on mouseover       -->
		<p>
		<a href=# class='answers' onmouseover="showtip('After The Flood (Gen 9:3-4)',null,100);" onmouseout=hidetip();>Answer</a><br><br>
</p>

</body>

</html>
This page will look like all the other ones that are only yellow without columns, like the Chronological Order of Old and New Testament page.

Have at it :)

Ruth
thewolfe
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by thewolfe »

Thanks Ruth. Got some "chores" to do and then I can "play".
thewolfe
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by thewolfe »

Oh wow, you made that way to easy. Three minutes tops and it was up and running!

And one more time....thanks!

Blessings,

Doug
thewolfe
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by thewolfe »

Hi Ruth,

Going to use the Tooltip for another subject and can't find where I change the font style, color and things like "bold",etc

I looked in mytooltips.js but don't see the font color I'm using unless you used a little diff color maybe #4275fd. I'm using 0066CC for the main blue and mostly bolded Ariel Black.

Started to mess around with mytooltips.js but didn't want to ruin a good thing.

Blessings,

Doug
thewolfe
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by thewolfe »

Found it! Just kept plugging colors in and "viola".
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Glad you got it. What did you do? There are different ways to do what you want.

1. You can go into the my_tooltips.js file and look just a bit down from the top of the file and you will see

with(M_toolTipStyle=new mm_style()){
    offbgcolor = "#FFFFE1";
and so on for font and such
You can make changes here. Note that changes made here will show in all tooltips, that is if you change the font here, then that will be the font in all tooltips on whatever page uses the my_tooltips.js file. So, that M_toolTipStyle will be used where no other tip menu name is listed in the html coding. I.E. on your bible quiz page you have this coded in the html

<a href=# class='answers' onmouseover="showtip('After The Flood (Gen 9:3-4)',null,100);" onmouseout=hidetip();>
You'll note that there is no tip style mentioned in this showtip area. If you want to have different tip styles, then see method #2

2. Set up the my_tooltips.js file style coding as you want it for the 'main' tips. Then open you 1homepage and 2homepage menu array files and add a tip style. For example, if you look at the 1homepage menu array that I put in the download [if you still have it] I added this right below the style3 styling

//the next two items are the tooltips style and the tooltips menu set for the text link that uses the cross image//     

with(tipSampStyle=new mm_style()){
	bordercolor="#0c5eb0";
	borderstyle="solid";
	borderwidth=2;
      fontsize = "12px";
     fontstyle = "normal";
	 fontweight ="bold";
    fontfamily = "Adelon, tahoma, verdana";
	offbgcolor = "#FFFFE1";
    offcolor = "#0000CC";
	padding=3;
	image="cross.gif";
	imagepadding="1 0 1 5";
    overfilter = "Fade(duration=1.2);Shadow(color='#3a5c8f', Direction=135, Strength=3)"
    outfilter = "Fade(duration=1.6);Shadow(color='#85bbfe', Direction=135, Strength=5)"
}
This was the 'style' setup, that is the font, border etc. Then below that I added a tip 'menu' this was so that you could have the cross image in some of the tips.

with(new menuname("crossImageTip"))
{
	top="offset=-20";
	left="offset=40";
	style=tipSampStyle;
	orientation="horizontal";
	ignorecollision=true;
	margin=1;
	if(_W.M_maxTipWidth)maxwidth=M_maxTipWidth
	aI("text=;type=ToolTip;padding=3px 20px 3px 10px;image=cross.gif");
}
Now, save the array file, then in all of the links where you wanted the cross image to show in the tip you would code it like this, adding that 'menu' you created to the tip call

<a class=link href=# onmouseover="showtip(''After The Flood (Gen 9:3-4)',null,100,'crossImageTip');" onmouseout=hidetip();>

note the addition of 'crossImageTip' in that coding above as compared to the same code which would only use the style from the my_tooltips.js file as shown below

<a a href=# class='answers' onmouseover="showtip('After The Flood (Gen 9:3-4)',null,100);" onmouseout=hidetip();>
3. If you were only going to have a single change for a few items, you could open the my_tooltips.js file, make whatever changes you wanted and then save it as my_tooltips1.js. Then you'd make sure that both files were called on all the pages.

Hope this helps.

Ruth
thewolfe
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Just to say hello!

Post by thewolfe »

Hi Ruth,

I've been doing everything else but working on my website and menu for many a moon but got my notice to update my "support and upgrades" for Milonic. So while I'm in the area I thought I'd say howdy and see how thing were with you. I think you were doing some work on your kitchen so if my memory is correct, how's that going and how are you.

Going to start updating my site so you'll start hearing from me, I'm sure.

Blessings,

TheWolfe

P.S. I'd post this privately if I knew of a way.
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi Stranger!

I know that feeling of doing everything but what I want to get done :) However, the kitchen is done, and also the patio, which had been closed in, now has a completely new tile floor instead of cement. I've not got around to the landscaping since I am trying to update the second bathroom which looks like it was built by someone totally unknowledgeable about building, even though it does have a permit that was signed off with a final and certificate of occupancy. It was done back in the fifties so maybe they had different codes ::shrugs:: So, that is now my new project. It will take a bit but it will have a nice bathtub when I get done. Can't understand anyone who CARPETS a bathroom. Other than that, my life is going pretty OK. How are you? Hope things are well with you, also.

Ruth