JavaScript DHTML Menu

Having problems with DHTML Menu? There is usually somebody here who knows the answer.
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

JavaScript DHTML Menu

Post by sherrylee »

I just updated to the latest version 5.932. But I now have the "JavaScript DHTML Menu Powered by Milonic" link show when I try to Preview in browser. I have published my website, and it does not seem to be on my remote webpage, but it prevents me from previewing the navigation bar in my browser. Can you help me?

Thank you,
SherryLee
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Re: JavaScript DHTML Menu

Post by Ruth »

Hi SherryLee,

I would need to have a link to the site so I can see what's happening at the remote site. If everything is fine there, it should be the same in your browser but I can't tell unless I actually go to the site in my browser.

Ruth
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by sherrylee »

Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

I went to the site with IE8 and Firefox 23. I am seeing the menu fine with no Milonic link. So, when you go to the page is everything fine? Or are you saying when you try to preview it on your desktop this is what is happening?

Ruth
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by sherrylee »

Yes, when I preview my local webpage in FrontPage 2003 on my desktop using IE9 in Internet Explorer, before I publish to my remote website, it shows the JavaScript Menu link, which prevents me from "previewing" the page accurately before publishing it. The problem was not there before I updated to 5.932. However, when go to my website the same as I would any other website, the link is not there, the page looks fine.

Thanks so much for taking the time to help me with this problem. :D
SherryLee
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

It has something to do with FrontPage 2003. I remember from long ago something about this issue. I'll try and see if I can search and find anything. But, it is something with FrontPage. You'd have to check your actual page when you're previewing it and see if it is different somehow as to the coding of the menu calls from what the page was like when you previewed it before.

Ruth
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by sherrylee »

Thank you for your help! Any additional help you can give me would be appreciated. :D

SherryLee
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by sherrylee »

Can you tell me if this is the correct code I am supposed to be using with the updated 5.932?

<script type="text/javascript" src="milonic_src.js"></script>
<noscript><a href="http://milonic.com/">JavaScript DHTML Menu Powered by Milonic</a></noscript>
<script type="text/javascript" src="mmenudom.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="menu_data.js"></script>

Or do I need to put an updated code on each of my webpages?

Thank you again for your help,
SherryLee
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

Hi,

Yes, that is the code. In your download there is a folder called docs and that is the code shown for the install portion.

Ruth
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by sherrylee »

Thank you for your help! Do you think my FrontPage 2003 program is outdated, and is no longer compatible with Milonic's current version menu, and that is why I am having this problem? I would not think there would be a problem with the versions. I have not been able to isolate the problem. :)

SherryLee
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

No, that doesn't have anything to do with it. I can't remember much about FP at all, but if it has some kind of link when you open it, as if it is writing to the web, then the only reason I can think that it would do that is because it thinks it is not on the correct domain for the license. You could fix it if you are only looking for being able to preview it by putting a text link back to Milonic on the page, but then you'd need to remove the link when you upload. Just place a text link on the page you want to preveiw with the menu. Put a link like this

Code: Select all

<a href="https://milonic.com/">DHTML JavaScript Menu By Milonic.com</a>

I can't think of any other reason for you to have that Milonic link all the time in FP, it wouldn't matter as to its version since what is happening is from the menu itself. I'll post to Milonic, maybe they know of some other reason, but I've never known there to be any other reason.

Ruth
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by sherrylee »

Ruth, I want to thank you for all your help in working with me to solve my problem. :D The problem was with my browser, and I now have it fixed.
Thank you again,
Blessings,
SherryLee
Ruth
 Team
 Team

Post by Ruth »

You're very welcome. If you wouldn't mind saying what the problem was I'd like to know what caused it in case I get a similar question. I never thought about anything with the browser at all.

Ruth
sherrylee
Super Advanced
Super Advanced

Post by sherrylee »

I went to Internet Explorer, then Tools, Internet Options, Advanced Tab
then scrolled down to security and checked the enable option for "Allow active content to run files on my computer"
I hit apply and then ok! I had to restart my computer in order for this to apply.

Also I went to Internet Explorer, Tools, security, custom level, and checked "disable automatic prompting of active X controls".

After I restarted my computer everything was working fine.

Thank you again, :D
SherryLee